Advocates Coalition for Development and Environment (ACODE) is an Independent Public Policy Research and Advocacy Think Tank. With headquarters in Kampala the ACODE-team makes public policy research and analysis in a range of areas including governance, trade, environment, and science and technology. The research team consists of multi-disciplinary professionals with specialized expertise in policy research, advocacy and monitoring of public policy. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
La raison d'être de IAG est de constituer un centre d’excellence reconnu par l’Union Africaine, responsable de la conduite d’une recherche d’avant-garde sur toutes les formes de gouvernance, et contribuant à l’avancement de la Gouvernance de Développement en Afrique. Ses principaux instruments sont :
* La médiation à travers le dialogue et le plaidoyer politique ;
* La recherche stratégique et appliquée ;
* La diffusion/dissémination de l’information de référence à travers le site web, le centre de documentation électronique et les publications. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site; rédaction ilissAfrica]
The IRDP provides training, research and consultancy services in the field of rural development planning. Its functions are described inter alia as
* to promote social and economic development by providing opportunities for the study of and training in the principles, techniques and their practical applications in all aspects of rural development planning.
* provide facilities places and centers of learning, education, training and research in rural development planning and such other related subjects and disciplines as the Council may from time to time decide
* to conduct training programmes in all disciplines related to rural development planning including the preparation, application and evaluation of development programmes. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
EISA is non-profit organisation, established 1996 and based in Johannesburg, that strives for credible elections, participatory democracy, human rights culture, and the strengthening of governance institutions. Having field offices in Kinshasa (DR Congo), Antananarivo (Madagascar), Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire), N'djamema (Chad), Khartoum (Sudan), Bujumbura (Burundi), Nairobi (Kenya) and Maputo (Mozambique) its regional focus is no more on Southern Africa alone. EISA works in a number of programme areas, including
* Democracy, conflict management and electoral education
* Elections and political processes
* Balloting and electoral services
* Governance (political partes, APRM, institutions of governance and local governance)
* Online Democracy Encyclopedia
* Research and information (including a specialised library and in house publications).
EISA's work is supported by local, regional and international funding organisations.
A number of reports is downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
NISER is a research and consultancy parastatal of the Federal Government of Nigeria. It conducts research into the economic and social problems of the country with a view to the applications of the results thereof. It also organises seminars and conferences on problems of economic and social development in the country. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
HURIPEC is an autonomous Centre in the Faculty of Law at Makerere University. It was set up to provide a focused intellectual and activist space to spearhead the promotion and protection of human rights and peace through a combination of teaching, research, documentation, public debate, seminars, and outreach programmes. It fosters an interdisciplinary approach and collaborates with related institutions and civil society groups.
Publications are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information]
Ghana was among the first countries to declare its intention to accede to the African Peer Review Mechanism in the framework of NEPAD. The website explains the APRM ("self-monitoring system which entails a country voluntarily submitting to make its own citizens undertake an internal audit of its political, economic, corporate and socio-economic governance system") and documents the steps undertaken so far. ... [editors ilissAfrica]
African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) was put in place by the Governments of the African Union in order to monitor the implementation of the critical objectives of NEPAD, an integrated strategic framework for the socio-economic development in Africa. The African peer review incorporates both a country self-assessment and an assessment by other people from African countries. The site documents the implementation process in Tanzania. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
CAAGLOP's mission is to encourage the involvement of Africans in national and regional development through the use of local knowledge and personal involvement in order to develop mechanisms that will obtain effective and sustainable results in the fight against hunger, poverty, unemployment, human rights abuses and the AIDS pandemic in Africa. Its activities are aimed at providing information to a large number of Africans regarding issues that affect their daily lives and to provide a forum for self-expression as well as interacting with others on various social, political, health, economic and educational issues.
CAAGLOP is an African NGO based in Dakar, Senegal. It receives financial support United Nations Volunteers (UNV). ... [according to site editor's information]
The HSRC is South Africa's statutory research agency. It conducts research that generates critical and independent knowledge relative to all aspects of human and social development. It supports development nationally, in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and in Africa. The HSRC aligns its research activities and structures to South Africa's national development priorities: notably poverty reduction through economic development, skills enhancement, job creation, the elimination of discrimination and inequalities, and effective service delivery. ... [according to site editor's information]