ACTEA is a network and support service for evangelical theological education in Africa. The central purpose of ACTEA is to assist evangelical theological schools and programmes throughout Africa in their quest for excellence and renewal. ACTEA seeks to achieve this (i) by serving as a medium for contact and collaboration among these schools and programmes, and (ii) by providing various support services for them. More than 150 theological colleges and programmes in Africa are officially affiliated with ACTEA. ... [according to site editor's information]
African Enterprise is a Christian interdenominational, multicultural ministry of evangelism; reconciliation; leadership development training; relief and community development. Our scope is all of Africa. AE leaders are African nationals that work with local church and parachurch leaders to mobilize congregations in outreach to African cities. Sixteen or more strategic cities are being reached this way each year. AE's ultimate vision is to see an Africa of peace and justice through the spiritual renewal and transformed lives of thousands of people.
AE has bases in ten African countries - Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Zimbabwe. ... [according to site editor's information]
The African Jewish Congress is the co-ordinating body whereby the smaller Jewish communities in Sub-Saharan Africa can retain their links with world Jewry. The focus of the AJC is:
* To enable the smaller Jewish communities to give their members viable and vibrant Jewish spiritual lives.
* To co-ordinate the fight against anti-Semitism.
* To promote the interests of the State of Israel.
* To give Africa and African Jews a voice in international Jewry through a proper forum. The African Jewish Congress is affiliated to the South African Jewish Board of Deputies and the World Jewish Congress. ... [according to site editor's information]
The AACC is an ecumenical fellowship representing more than 120 million Christians in 39 African countries working to make a difference in the lives of the people of Africa through ministries of advocacy and presence on the continental, regional and local levels. [according to site editor's information]
Using the structures of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa the AIDS and Healthcare Trust
* develops and implements relevant programmes
* educates, trains and builds capacity
* researches and shares information and mobilises resources
* monitors and evaluates effectiveness
* builds partnerships and networks
* advocates social justice. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Website of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa. It is the Anglican province in Southern Africa and includes 25 dioceses in Angola, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Saint Helena, South Africa and Swaziland. The primate is the Archbishop of Cape Town. [editors ilissAfrica]
AMECEA is a service organization for the National Episcopal Conferences of the eight countries of Eastern Africa, namely Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Somalia and Djibouti are Affiliate members. [according to site editor's information]