Hits 1-10 of 10 (0,09 Seconds)
IMBISA is an organ of Liaison and Pastoral Cooperation between Episcopal Conferences of Angola and São Tome & Principe (CEAST), Lesotho (LCBC), Mozambique (CEM), Namibia (NCBC), South Africa which is made up of Botswana, South Africa and Swaziland (SACBC) and Zimbabwe (ZCBC). The Region has 78 ecclesiastical territories (Archdioceses and Dioceses). ... [according to site editor's information]
The SACBC (which is comprised of the bishops of Botswana, South Africa and Swaziland) is an organisation, approved by the Holy See, of diocesan bishops and others, serving in the ecclesiastical Provinces of Cape Town, Durban, Pretoria and Bloemfontein, in and through which members exercise their pastoral office jointly through the pooling of wise counsel and experiences in matters concerning their common interest. ... [according to site editor's information]
The website of the United Evangelical Lutheran Church in Southern Africa has some links to Lutheran websites in Southern Africa. [editors ilissAfrica]
The Economic Justice Network in Southern Africa is a project of the Fellowship of Christian Councils in Southern Africa (FOCCISA). FOCCISA consists of eleven National Christian Councils: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Its objectives are:
* To increase and develop effective advocacy strategies and interventions on a selected number of priority issues affecting the region through joint conferences, seminars and workshops.
* To undertake relevant research on particular issues of concern to the EJN that can be used in advocacy activities of the National Christian Councils, EJN and partner organisation.
* To facilitate information gathering, dissemination and exchange within EJN and with partner organisations on the key priority areas (debt, trade and food security).
* To encourage economic literacy programmes by the Churches at all levels.
* To liaise with similar networks in Southern Africa and the continent and our International partners to collaborate on issues of global concern. ... [according to site editor's information]
Website of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa. It is the Anglican province in Southern Africa and includes 25 dioceses in Angola, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Saint Helena, South Africa and Swaziland. The primate is the Archbishop of Cape Town. [editors ilissAfrica]
The Social Development Programme of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa aims to the improvement of the spiritual, physical and emotional well being of the poor and oppressed people of Africa on a non-denominational basis. [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Using the structures of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa the AIDS and Healthcare Trust
* develops and implements relevant programmes
* educates, trains and builds capacity
* researches and shares information and mobilises resources
* monitors and evaluates effectiveness
* builds partnerships and networks
* advocates social justice. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The Methodist Church of Southern Africa operates in six countries of the sub-continent - Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland. The formal membership totals in excess of 500 000. At the last South African census 2.5 million persons claimed a religious affiliation with the Methodist Church. ... [according to site editor's information]
The website of the United Congregational Church of Southern Africa informs about its history and activities. [editors ilissAfrica]
The website of the United Presbyterian Church in Southern Africa.