ACFODE is an indigenous, voluntary, non-governmental women's organisation formed in 1985. Its mission is increasing the capacities of women in local communities to manage their own activities in addition to standing up for their rights. [according to site editor's information]
Les objectifs de la séction féminine de l'ANHMS sont
* de sensibiliser les populations et les emmener à démystifier les préjugés qui entourent le handicap.
de développer la solidarité, l'entraide, le soutien psychologique et moral entre ses membres.
* de lutter pour l'intégration socio-économique des femmes handicapées motrices.
* d'aider les femmes handicapées dans le cadre de leurs prises en charge sanitaire. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
La raison d'être de L'ADEF, une ONG, est de favoriser le regroupement des femmes pour la défense de leurs droits et intérêts contre toutes formes de violences et de discrimination pour une participation effective des femmes au processus de développement. Son but est de regrouper, organiser et de sensibiliser les femmes en vue de créer une prise de conscience pour leur mobilisation et leur participation effective et efficace à leur propre développement. ... [selon les information de l'éditeur du site]
In 2003 UNFPA and partners launched a global Campaign to end Fistula. The Campaign is working in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia and the Arab region and involves a range of partners. It focuses on prevention, treatment and rehabilitation. [according to site editor's information]
The CNAC is a consultative body under the Ministry of Women and Social Action. Its main objective is to promote and monitor the implementation of policies and programs approved by the Government in the areas of women and gender and to contribute to the elimination of all forms of discrimination against women. [editors ilissAfrica]
On 18 December 1979, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly. It entered into force as an international treaty on 3 September 1981 after the twentieth country had ratified it. By the tenth anniversary of the Convention in 1989, almost one hundred nations have agreed to be bound by its provisions. The Convention was the culmination of more than thirty years of work by the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women, a body established in 1946 to monitor the situation of women and to promote women's rights. The Commission's work has been instrumental in bringing to light all the areas in which women are denied equality with men.These efforts for the advancement of women have resulted in several declarations and conventions, of which the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women is the central and most comprehensive document. ... [Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women ]
EASSI is a collaboration between individuals, NGOs, coalitions and networks in the Eastern Africa sub region committed to the advancement of women. The goal of EASSI is to catalyze national, regional and international processes on critical areas of concern in order to make concrete and meaningful changes for women. EASSI was formed in 1996 to facilitate the follow up of the World Conference on women in Beijing in 1995. EASSI covers Burundi, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania and Uganda. ... [according to site editor's information]
The main role of the Center for Gender Development is to establish, develop, facilitate, coordinate and follow up the strategies and programmes aimed at ensuring that matters related to the disparities between men and women in the integration programmes of the Community as well as women promotion are incorporated within the framework of objectives of the ECOWAS Treaty. Its mission is to:
- Implement the ECOWAS policy and system of gender management;
- Strive for the increase in the performance of women in their fields of activities (seminars, round tables, study trips in order to stimulate the spirit of entrepreneurship and enjoy better exchange of experience);
- Ensure apprenticeship and development of skills needed to execute the Millennium Goals on sex equality in the sub-region and in programmes;
- Build networks and partnership with relevant Agencies and Institutions for financial, technical and statutory support to the activities of the Center. ... [according to site editor's information]
Site web du bureau de l'UNFPA au Mali. L’UNFPA a particulièrement soutenu à travers ses programmes successifs de coopération au Mali les domaines suivants :
- L’élaboration de stratégies en matière de population et développement et le renforcement des capacités institutionnelles et nationales autour des problématiques s’y référant ;
- L’accès aux services de santé de la reproduction de qualité ;
- La promotion du statut de la femme et de l’équité du genre. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
The mission of the Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE), a NGO in Uganda, is to promote gender equality in all areas of decision making through advocacy, training, research and publication. [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]