The Institute of Social and Economic Research is based at Rhodes University serving both the university and broader Eastern Cape community. The Institute is involved in a wide range of socio-economic research, with a strong Eastern Cape bias although their research interests reach further into south and east Africa.
An inter-disciplinary centre, we have six broad research clusters:
- Regional Social and Economic research
- Quality of Life
- Social Policy and Social Change
- Bio-Cultural Diversity Conservation
- Political Traditions of the Eastern Cape
- Restructuring of municipal services and the commercialisation of health care in East and southern Africa. ... [according to site editor's information]