The objective of the All-Africa Students Union is inter alia
* to promote unity among students organisations in and of Africa, based on common objectives.
* to struggle for equal access to education, for University autonomy and respect for academic freedoms, and for a true reform and democratisation of education.
* to foster the development of students by promoting inter-Africa institutional and cultural exchange programme and extra-curricular activities such as sports and student tourism. ... [according to site editor's information]
The objective of the Centre is to promote South-South civil society cooperation on trade and development and create long-term capacity of civil society representatives to address the issues of equity and accountability. The Centre has been entrusted with the responsibility to consolidate and expand activities of the organisation on south-south civil society co-operation in the areas of trade, economics and environment. ... [according to site editor's information]
AWEPA is an international non-governmental organisation that supports parliaments in Africa and works to keep Africa high on the political agenda in Europe. It has some 1500 current and former parliamentarians as members from the European Parliament and almost all EU member states, plus Norway and Switzerland. It works in Africa from a development perspective to strengthen the core functions of parliaments: oversight, representation and legislation.
AWEPA has offices in Belgium, Burundi, DR Congo, Kenya, Mozambique, the Netherlands, Rwanda, Uganda, Southern Sudan and South Africa. ... [according to site editor's information]
FAS is an international NGO created by African women leaders with four main objectives:
- Fostering, supporting and promoting women's initiatives in the prevention, management and resolution of conflicts in Africa, and for the respect of their rights;
- Strengthening women's leadership capacity, including at the grassroots, to restore and maintain peace in their countries;
- Engendering policies, structures, programmes and the peace process for the attainment of durable peace and human security in Africa;
- Advocating at the national, regional and international levels for African women's rights and concerns, and their critical role on issues of peace and security. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Third World Network-Africa is a research and advocacy NGO based in Accra, Ghana. It is the autonomous Africa section of Third World Network (TWN), an independent non-profit coalition of organisations and individuals engaged in advocacy on issues related to development, environment and North-South affairs. Programme areas are political economy, gender and environment. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Wetlands International is a global organisation that works to sustain and restore wetlands and their resources for people and biodiversity. As part of global organisation Wetlands International, WIA has three offices: Dakar (Senegal), Mopti-Sévaré (Mali), and Bissau (Guinea Bissau). The website of the Africa office is managed by the staff in Dakar, Senegal. ... [according to site editor's information]
L'OPALS est une organisation médicale de solidarité internationale à but non-lucratif, indépendante de toute appartenance politique etconfessionnelle. L'OPALS promeut, renforce et développe les capacités humaines et matérielles des différentes institutions sanitaires et psychosociales des pays où elle intervient. L'OPALS élargit son champ d'action en dépassant son appui exclusif aux structures de santé dédiées à la seule prise en charge thérapeutique du VIH/Sida pour promouvoir notamment la santé materno-infantile et la lutte contre d'autres grandes endémies, paludisme et tuberculose notamment. ... [d'après les informations fournies par l'éditeur du site]
TJN-A is a pan African initiative and part of the international Tax Justice Network. TJN-A aims to promote socially just, democratic and progressive taxation systems in Africa. The purpose of this initiative is to mainstream tax justice in the economic discourse in Africa. It provides a platform dedicated to enabling African researchers, campaigners and policy makers to cooperate in the struggle against illicit capital flight, tax evasion, tax competition and other harmful trends in tax policy and practice. ... [according to site editor's information]
Prometra is an international organization with its general objective the pro-motion and preservation of Traditional Medicine and the creation of links among cultures throughout the world. Prometra is as much an organism of cultural research, medical practice, scientific research structure works as an instrument of African integration and international relations through the rehabilitation of traditional medicine, ancient religions and universal spirituality. Having its headquarters in Dakar the Government of Senegal has granted it diplomatic status. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Created by Nigeria's former President Olusegun Obasanjo ALF's mission is to develop leadership capacities in Africa in order to increase productivity of major actors in government, parliament, business and civil society. A range of high-level conference, seminars, workshops and publications address the quest for effective leadership, efficient management and enhancement of leadership skills. ... [according to site editor's information]