Attached to the OECD as a semi-autonomous body and financed essentially through voluntary contributions from OECD members, the SWAC (originally "Club du Sahel") supports, together with governments, regional institutions and civil society/private sector organisations, the development and implementation of action-oriented policies and investments. Its main objectives are to:
* help identify strategic questions related to medium- and long-term development in West Africa;
* contribute to mobilising and strengthening African capacities within a network approach;
* support initiatives and efforts by West Africans to promote medium- and long-term development in the region;
* facilitate exchanges between regional actors and OECD member countries;
* promote constructive debates that lead to innovative decisions within and outside the region aimed at building a better future for the region.
Publications are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information; Redaktion ilissAfrica]
En tant que ONG la Plate-forme des acteurs non étatiques pour le suivi de l'Accord de Cotonou au Sénegal propose une multitude des informations, des documents et liens sur l'Accord de Cotonou et ses implications pour le Sénégal et les pays ACP. [rédaction ilissAfrica]