The African Jewish Congress is the co-ordinating body whereby the smaller Jewish communities in Sub-Saharan Africa can retain their links with world Jewry. The focus of the AJC is:
* To enable the smaller Jewish communities to give their members viable and vibrant Jewish spiritual lives.
* To co-ordinate the fight against anti-Semitism.
* To promote the interests of the State of Israel.
* To give Africa and African Jews a voice in international Jewry through a proper forum. The African Jewish Congress is affiliated to the South African Jewish Board of Deputies and the World Jewish Congress. ... [according to site editor's information]
The objective of POSDEV is building an alliance of African NGOs committed to the empowerment of local grassroots movements as the driving force for attaining self-reliant sustainable development and social justice in Africa. It has members in the following countries: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Sao Tome & Principe, South Africa, Zimbabwe. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
OAIC is an association of African Independent, Instituted or African founded Churches (AICs). The terms African Independent or African Instituted Churches (AICs) are used more or less interchangeably for a large number of different Christian churches across Sub-Saharan Africa. These churches share a common positive respect for African cultural values that are reflected in their worship and belief systems or theologies.
The International Headquarters of the OAIC is located in Nairobi, Kenya. ... [according to site editor's information]
The AUB (formerly Union of National Radio and Television organisations of Africa) is an international broadcasting union. The aims of the union are especially
* to coordinate the activities of radio and television services among African countries;
* to help satisfying member needs with regard to vocational training;
* to offer good practices to members. ... [editors ilissAfrica]
The AACC is an ecumenical fellowship representing more than 120 million Christians in 39 African countries working to make a difference in the lives of the people of Africa through ministries of advocacy and presence on the continental, regional and local levels. [according to site editor's information]
The Academy's mission is to serve, first, as an honorific society with the primary function of honouring African science and technology achievers and, second, as a development oriented mobiliser of the entire African science and technology community with the fundamental role of facilitating the development of scientific and technological capacity for science-led development in Africa, promoting excellence and relevance in doing so.
African Academy of sciences primarily focusses on
* Capacity building in science and technology
* Mobilisation and training of the African Scientific community
* Publication and dissemination of Scientific materials
* Research, development and public advocacy ... [according to site editor's information]
La Fédération des Sociétés d’Assurances de Droit National Africaines dont le siège est à Dakar (Sénégal) opère dans les pays suivants : Algérie, Afrique du Sud, Bénin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Centrafrique, Congo Brazzaville, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon, Guinée Conakry, Madagascar, Mali, Maroc, Mauritanie, Niger, Nigeria, République Démocratique du Congo, Rwanda, Sénégal, Tchad, Togo, Tunisie. Elle poursuit entre autres les objectifs suivants :
* la promotion de l’Assurance et de la Réassurance en Afrique ;
* la représentation et la défense des intérêts de la profession ;
* la mise en place de structures de réflexions et de coopération en matière d’Assurances et de Réassurances. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
The African Seed Trade Association arose out of a need to have a regional representative body for the seed industry, which could also serve to promote the development of private seed enterprises. Objectives are inter alia
* To promote the use of improved quality seed,
* To strengthen communication with African seed industries and with the world,
* To facilitate establishment of national seed trade associations in Africa,
* To provide information to members,
* To interact with regional governments and NGO's involved in seed activities in order to promote the interests of the seed industry. ... [according to site editor's information]
AFRACA is the Association of Central Banks, Commercial Banks, and Agricultural Banks, Micro-finance Institutions and National Programmes dealing with agricultural and rural finance in Africa. The mission of AFRACA is to improve rural finance environment through the promotion of appropriate policy frameworks, which enables sustainable financial institutions to increase their outreach, improve their provision of financial services and disseminate innovative practices. ... [according to site editor's information]
The IGD is an independent South African non-governmental organisation broadly concerned with key issues in international affairs, and how these affect South Africa, southern Africa, and Africa as a whole. The IGD's activities centre on four programme areas, encompassing:
* South Africa
* The southern African region
* The global order ... [according to site editor's information]