Hits 1-5 of 5 (0,01 Seconds)
CEN-SAD is to be a framework for integration and complementarity. Its objectives are
* establishment of a comprehensive economic union based on a strategy implemented in accordance with a developmental plan that would be integrated in the national development plans of the member states.
* elimination of all obstacles impeding the unity of its member states (free movement, freedom of residence, improvement of transportation etc.).
* coordination of pedagogical and educational systems at the various educational levels, and in the cultural, scientific and technical fields.
Members are Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo and Tunisia. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The AGRHYMET Regional Centre is a specialized institute of the Permanent Interstate Committee for Drought Control in the Sahel (CILSS). Its primary objectives are:
* to contribute to achieving food security and increased agricultural production in the CILSS member States
* to improve natural resource management in the Sahelian region
by providing training and information to development stakeholders and partners in agroecology taken as a whole (agroclimatology, hydrology, crop protection). It is specialized in the science and techniques applied to agricultural development, rural development and natural resource management. ... [according to site editor's information]
L'IPD/AOS est un de quatre instituts régional de l'Institut Panafricain pour le Développement (IPD) qui s'occupe du renforcement des compétences du personnel de développement en Afrique. L'IPD/AOS recouvre le Bénin, le Burkina Faso, le Cap Vert, la Côte d'Ivoire, la Guinée, la Guinée Bissau, le Mali, la Mauritanie, le Niger, le Sénégal, le Tchad et le Togo. Les activités de l'organisation non-gouvernementale sont axées sur
* la formation des agents du développement en particulier ceux du développement rural,
* l'appui/le conseil aux organisations à la base, aux associations et aux ONG,
* la recherche/l´action au profit des structures de développement. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site; rédaction ilissAfrica]
SOS Sahel is a UK based NGO with the mission to seek long-term, sustainable solutions to poverty experienced by millions of people across the drylands of the Sahel region of Africa. It works in West Africa (Mali, Niger) and East Africa (Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya) looking for innovative ways in which dryland people can challenge their marginalisation and discrimination. ... [editors ilissAfrica; according to site editor's information]
Attached to the OECD as a semi-autonomous body and financed essentially through voluntary contributions from OECD members, the SWAC (originally "Club du Sahel") supports, together with governments, regional institutions and civil society/private sector organisations, the development and implementation of action-oriented policies and investments. Its main objectives are to:
* help identify strategic questions related to medium- and long-term development in West Africa;
* contribute to mobilising and strengthening African capacities within a network approach;
* support initiatives and efforts by West Africans to promote medium- and long-term development in the region;
* facilitate exchanges between regional actors and OECD member countries;
* promote constructive debates that lead to innovative decisions within and outside the region aimed at building a better future for the region.
Publications are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information; Redaktion ilissAfrica]