The HSRC is South Africa's statutory research agency. It conducts research that generates critical and independent knowledge relative to all aspects of human and social development. It supports development nationally, in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and in Africa. The HSRC aligns its research activities and structures to South Africa's national development priorities: notably poverty reduction through economic development, skills enhancement, job creation, the elimination of discrimination and inequalities, and effective service delivery. ... [according to site editor's information]
Le CEPAS été créé pour assurer le lien entre l'Etude et l'Action sociale :
* pour dégager, à partir d'une connaissance approfondie des réalités politiques, économiques, sociales et culturelles du Congo, les éléments d'une doctrine de promotion de la justice et du développement inspirée par l'Evangile.
* pour contribuer à l'effort d'étude économique et sociale au Congo, par l'analyse de la société, de ses structures et des conditions d'un véritable développement.
Le Centre publie la revue Congo-Afrique. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site; rédaction ilissAfrica]
The CSR is a research institution within the Faculty of Social Science of the University of Malawi in Zomba. It undertakes both basic and applied research so as to generate information on priority problems of the country and channel the information to policy makers and planners. Main fields of research are:
- Poverty and sustainable livelihoods
- Environmental management and access to natural resources
- Social and cultural dimensions of public health
- Democracy and governance ... [according to site editor's information]
The Economic Research Programme of the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) is a programme for the advancement of research on African economies and for the renewal of development-oriented economic traditions in Africa. The programme combines the critical reflection on the economy, politics and society. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Nigerian Economic Society (NES), formed in 1957, is a platform for Nigerian Economists and allied Social Scientists to provide intellectual leadership in the process of understanding and managing economic, social and political change in Nigeria. The objectives are
* The study of the economic and social problems of Nigeria and for members to express opinions thereon.
* Make Nigerian Economists and Social Scientist relevant to Nigerian economic, social and political processes.
* Stimulate public interest in Economics and Social Studies, encourage the study and discussion of relevant problems with special reference to Nigeria, and provide a means of intercourse between persons interested in the fields of study.
NES publishes the Nigerian Journal of Economic and Social Studies. Publications can be ordered on the website. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The IRDP provides training, research and consultancy services in the field of rural development planning. Its functions are described inter alia as
* to promote social and economic development by providing opportunities for the study of and training in the principles, techniques and their practical applications in all aspects of rural development planning.
* provide facilities places and centers of learning, education, training and research in rural development planning and such other related subjects and disciplines as the Council may from time to time decide
* to conduct training programmes in all disciplines related to rural development planning including the preparation, application and evaluation of development programmes. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
IDS is a multipurpose and multi-disciplinary institute within the University of Nairobi's College of Humanities and Social Sciences. It focuses on social and economic issues of development in Kenya, the rest of Africa and the world. In addition to initiating its own academic and policy-oriented research, IDS provides research services to government, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Social Science Academy of Nigeria is a not-for-profit research institution with a mandate to harness and develop the capacity of Nigerian social scientists as well as promote the advancement of social science knowledge. The Academy is an umbrella organization for all social science faculties, learned societies, and research organizations in Nigeria. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Gobabeb Training and Research Centre is a Namibian and SADC Training and Research Institution and a joint venture between the Desert Research Foundation of Namibia (DRFN) and the Namibian Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET). Its mission is to promote sustainable lifestyles, conservation, and environmental rehabilitation in drylands through:
* Innovative research
* Long-term monitoring
* Tourism ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The Centre for Development and Enterprise (CDE) is an independent policy research and advocacy organisation. It is one of South Africa's leading development think tanks, focusing on critical national development issues and their relationship to economic growth and democratic consolidation. Through examining South African realities and international experience, CDE formulates practical policy proposals outlining ways in which South Africa can tackle major social and economic challenges. CDE has a special focus on the role of business and markets in development.
CDE's research reports are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information]