OAIC is an association of African Independent, Instituted or African founded Churches (AICs). The terms African Independent or African Instituted Churches (AICs) are used more or less interchangeably for a large number of different Christian churches across Sub-Saharan Africa. These churches share a common positive respect for African cultural values that are reflected in their worship and belief systems or theologies.
The International Headquarters of the OAIC is located in Nairobi, Kenya. ... [according to site editor's information]
The African Jewish Congress is the co-ordinating body whereby the smaller Jewish communities in Sub-Saharan Africa can retain their links with world Jewry. The focus of the AJC is:
* To enable the smaller Jewish communities to give their members viable and vibrant Jewish spiritual lives.
* To co-ordinate the fight against anti-Semitism.
* To promote the interests of the State of Israel.
* To give Africa and African Jews a voice in international Jewry through a proper forum. The African Jewish Congress is affiliated to the South African Jewish Board of Deputies and the World Jewish Congress. ... [according to site editor's information]
The objective of POSDEV is building an alliance of African NGOs committed to the empowerment of local grassroots movements as the driving force for attaining self-reliant sustainable development and social justice in Africa. It has members in the following countries: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Sao Tome & Principe, South Africa, Zimbabwe. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Founded in 1985 COSATU has been since then in the forefront of the struggle for democracy and workers' rights in South Africa. COSATU is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance together with the African National Congress and the South African Communist Party. [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
CONSAWU is a national trade union center in South Africa. The Confederation promotes labour unity and stresses that is not in opposition to any existing federation. Affiliates include the National Union of Public Service and Allied Workers (NUPSAW). [editors ilissAfrica]
ISPA is a South African Internet industry body not for gain. Members include non-profit providers and educational networks, as well as commercial service providers. Since its launch, ISPA has played an important role in the development of South Africa's telecommunications and Internet policy. [according to site editor's information]
The Council is the national ecumenical enabler and co-ordinator of inter-church debate and action. It works for moral reconstruction in South Africa, focussing on issues of justice, reconciliation, integrity of creation and the eradication of poverty and contributing towards the empowerment of all who are spiritually, socially and economically marginalised."br>The site links to member churches in South Africa. ... [according to site editor's information]
"SASA is an organisation that exists to promote the global competitiveness, profitability and sustainability of the South African sugar industry. We do this by providing specialist support to the cane growers and sugar millers who make up the sugar industry, and to their representative bodies, the SA Canegrowers' Association and the SA Sugar Millers' Association." ... [according to site editor's information]
Le réseau est constitué de 10 Plates-formes Nationales d’ONG (Bénin, Burkina Faso, Cap-vert, Gambie, Guinée, Mali, Niger, Sénégal, Tchad et Togo) regroupant au total plus de 800 ONG locales, nationales et internationales. Le REPAOC vise tout particulièrement à :
- assurer une plus grande représentation des ONG d’Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre dans les enceintes régionales et internationales, gouvernementales et non gouvernementales
- porter des positions auprès des institutions nationales, régionales et internationales en menant des campagnes d’opinion communes ;
- renforcer la structuration des plates-formes nationales d’ONG en vue d’assurer de meilleurs services aux membres, une plus grande concertation avec les pouvoirs publics nationaux et garantir l’indépendance de ses membres ;
- faciliter la prise de parole des sociétés civiles africaines auprès des médias internationaux. ... [selon les informations fournies de l'éditeur du site]