Attached to the OECD as a semi-autonomous body and financed essentially through voluntary contributions from OECD members, the SWAC (originally "Club du Sahel") supports, together with governments, regional institutions and civil society/private sector organisations, the development and implementation of action-oriented policies and investments. Its main objectives are to:
* help identify strategic questions related to medium- and long-term development in West Africa;
* contribute to mobilising and strengthening African capacities within a network approach;
* support initiatives and efforts by West Africans to promote medium- and long-term development in the region;
* facilitate exchanges between regional actors and OECD member countries;
* promote constructive debates that lead to innovative decisions within and outside the region aimed at building a better future for the region.
Publications are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information; Redaktion ilissAfrica]