Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of ECOWAS. In the early 1980’s the banking industry in West Africa was dominated by foreign and state-owned banks. There were hardly any commercial banks in West Africa owned and managed by the African private sector. ETI was founded with the objective of filling this vacuum. ETI, a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of ECOWAS. In the early 1980’s the banking industry in West Africa was dominated by foreign and state-owned banks. There were hardly any commercial banks in West Africa owned and managed by the African private sector. ETI was founded with the objective of filling this vacuum. Customers include governments and government agencies, multinational, regional, multilateral and financial institutions, local companies and medium, small and micro enterprises and consumers. Ecobank Group is a full-service regional banking institution employing over 11,000 staff in over 600 branches and offices in twenty seven west, central and east and southern African countries. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Lowani is a commercial language centre for African languages based in the Netherlands. It offers courses in 17 African languages, including conversation courses with mothertongue speakers. While learning the language, it is also important to the centre to teach the culture and social graces of the respective countries. [editors ilissAfrica]
Site is also commercial (sells African textiles), but at the same time, it provides you with extensive information on African textiles, there history, production, origin, way of wearing, use etc. The site includeds many ancient photographs. As the site is very chaotical concerning the linking between the different pages and hence you will not find everything at first glance, please consider the tips and direct links in the summary. ... [editors ilissAfrica]
Small Enterprise Finance Agency (SOC) Ltd commonly known as sefa was established on 1st April 2012 as a result of the merger of South African Micro Apex Fund, Khula Enterprise Finance Ltd and the small business activities of IDC.sefa's mandate is to foster the establishment, survival and growth of SMMEs and contribute towards poverty alleviation and job creation. sefa has a regional footprint of 9 offices around the country. ... [according to site editor's information]
West Africa Microfinance Consulting Company (WA-MCC) est spécialisée en microfinance et n’intervient uniquement que sur les questions relatives à la micro finance. Les activités recouvrent :
- l’assistance à la transformation institutionnelle d’institutions de Micro Finance
- l’assistance à la conception et création d’institutions de micro finance
- l’assistance à la conception et création de micro, petites et moyennesentreprises
- l’élaboration de Manuel d’Exécution de Programmes / Projets de Micro Finance
- l’évaluation ex – ante et ex – post de projets / programmes de développement
- l’assistance au redressement d’institutions de micro finance en difficultés
- l’exécution de projets / programme de micro finance
A côté du consulting WA-MCC s'occupe aussi de la formation. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
ArtMattan Productions distributes films that focus on the human experience of black people in Africa, the Caribbean, North and South America and Europe. All these films were shown during the organisation's annual African Diaspora Film Festival in New York [according to the site editor's information, editorial staff ilissAfrica].
PROPARCO is a Development Financial Institution partly held by Agence Française de Développement (AFD) and private shareholders from the North and South. Its mission is to be a catalyst for private investment in developing countries which targets growth, sustainable development and reaching the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Proparco is operating in Southern Africa from a regional office based in Johannesburg in South Africa. The regional office of Johannesburg covers the following Southern Africa countries: South Africa, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Madagascar. ... [according to site editor's information]
Who's Who of Southern Africa (Who's Who SA) is a information tool and networking site connecting professionals to grow their networks and explore collaborative opportunities. The database currently features more than 7500 noteworthy Southern Africans in various fields of expertise. [according to site editor's information]
With a sound track record of 27 years, Sabinet Online has pioneered and become an established leader in the facilitation of high level access to trusted electronic information.Our clients include public and private organisations, as well as academic institutions in South Africa, the USA and Africa.
* Information Access by obtaining the full-text of the best or most frequently requested local content. Access to online references, abstracts, and full-text documents, supported by electronic document procurement, and an alerting service.
* Library Support through library acquisitions and cataloguing, interlending, and retrospective conversion.
* Information Management with specialist consultation, support, electronic publishing, and software. ... [according to site editor's information]
!Khwa ttu's mandate is that the San must gain control over their own image and presence in the tourism industry. It strives to acquire the skills for income generating activities and to be proactive in preventing exploitation of less educated San relatives. !khwa ttu workshops assist in reaching these goals:
* Restore and display San heritage, culture, folklore, visual arts, cosmology and languages
* Educate the general public about the world of the San
* Provide training to the San in literacy, entrepreneurship, tourism, health issues, community development, craft production/marketing and gender awareness. ... [according to site editor's information]