Hits 1-4 of 4 (0,01 Seconds)
CEN-SAD is to be a framework for integration and complementarity. Its objectives are
* establishment of a comprehensive economic union based on a strategy implemented in accordance with a developmental plan that would be integrated in the national development plans of the member states.
* elimination of all obstacles impeding the unity of its member states (free movement, freedom of residence, improvement of transportation etc.).
* coordination of pedagogical and educational systems at the various educational levels, and in the cultural, scientific and technical fields.
Members are Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo and Tunisia. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
APFO was established in 1994 as an organization with an overall objective of research and advocacy on peace and security issues in the Horn of Africa. It was contracted by IGAD Secretariat in 2003 to act as a National Research Institute in support of the implementation of IGAD Conflict Early Warning and Early Response Mechanism in the IGAD region. APFO's areas of interest are:
* Political reforms
* Impact of constitutional reforms
* Small arms and human security
* Community and women participation in peace process
* Formulating and building structures for managing conflict
* Conflict analysis and peace building
Projects are implemented through a range of collaborative activities with various partner organizations and groups. ... [according to site editor's information]
COPA is a membership network of individuals and organizations working for sustainable peace in Africa. As a network, COPA facilitates linking and sharing between practitioners and stakeholders to ensure the building of sustainable peace in Africa. It works in four regions: COPA Southern Africa comprises Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe. COPA Eastern Africa comprises Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Sudan. COPA Central Africa comprises the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Rwanda and Burundi. COPA Horn of Africa comprises Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia, Somaliland and Djibouti. The secretariat is located in Nairobi. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
HornLight is an online platform to share nuanced, complex, and diverse information on the Horn of Africa. We share stories that challenge mainstream narratives, provide alternative sources of information, and offer dignified perspectives on the ongoing Horn of Africa food crises. While we keep the spotlight on the Horn of Africa (Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Somalia), we recognize this region is inextricably linked with neighboring countries like Kenya and Sudan, and frame our work within a broader context where appropriate and relevant. ... [according to site editor's information]