ACORD is an Africa-led international alliance working to promote social justice and lift Africans out of poverty. ACORD is running field operations in 17 countries in Africa, as well as Pan African and international advocacy work. ACORD perceives its role as working in common cause with the poor. Its objectives are:
* Strengthen the livelihoods of marginalised communities and their capacity to advocate for their rights and achieve food sovereignity
* Facilitate an enabling environment where marginalised communities become effective agents of conflict transformation
* Build the knowledge on gender relations and effective ways of addressing gender inequalities
* Promote learning, strengthen capacity and develop effective partnerships so as to influence thinking, policies and practice on HIV and AIDS ... [according to site editor's information]
Das Entwicklungspolitische Netzwerk Hessen e.V. (EPN Hessen) ist eine gemeinsame Aktions- und Kommunikationsplattform hessischer Nichtregierungsorganisationen und Netzwerke, entwicklungspolitisch engagierter Gruppen und Initiativen und privater Fördermitglieder. [gemäß den Informationen des Anbieters]
Das Projekt hatte das Ziel, die deutsche EU-Ratspräsidentschaft in der ersten Jahreshälfte 2007 kritisch und konstruktiv zu begleiten. VENRO forderte die Bundesregierung u.a. dazu auf, für eine armutsorientierte europäische Entwicklungspolitik einzutreten.
Es entstanden im Rahmen des Projekts eine Reihe von Publikationen und ein "Manifest", die als pdf-Dateien heruntergeladen werden können. ... [Redaktion ilissAfrica]
The ADB is a multilateral development bank whose shareholders include 53 African countries and 24 non-African countries from the Americas, Asia, and Europe. Its primary objective is to promote sustainable economic growth in order to reduce poverty in Africa. It achieves this objective by financing a broad range of development projects and programs through:
- public sector loans, private sector loans, and equity investments;
- technical assistance for institutional support projects and programs;
- public and private capital investment;
- assistance in coordinating regional member countries development policies and plans; and
- grants of up to US$500,000 in emergency support. ... [according to site editors' information]
Website of the African Capacity Building Foundation (ACBF).
ACBF is based in Harare, Zimbabwe and aims at being the leading African Institution in a partnership to build sustainable capacity for good governance and poverty reduction in Africa.
mobilizes and provides funding,
intellectual, information and research support to capacity building in Africa in areas of the Foundation's core competences and the emergence of ACBF as a knowledge-based institution.
builds participatory approach to capacity building and development management, effective coordination of intervention and a holistic approach in the capacity building process.
DATA is an advocacy organization dedicated to eradicating extreme poverty and AIDS in Africa.
Founded by U2 lead singer Bono, Bobby Shriver and activists from the Jubilee "Drop the Debt" campaign in 2002, DATA calls on the governments of the world's wealthiest nations to keep their existing commitments to Africa and adopt new trade and aid policies that will help Africans put themselves on the path to long-term prosperity and stability. ... [according to site editor's information]
CAAGLOP's mission is to encourage the involvement of Africans in national and regional development through the use of local knowledge and personal involvement in order to develop mechanisms that will obtain effective and sustainable results in the fight against hunger, poverty, unemployment, human rights abuses and the AIDS pandemic in Africa. Its activities are aimed at providing information to a large number of Africans regarding issues that affect their daily lives and to provide a forum for self-expression as well as interacting with others on various social, political, health, economic and educational issues.
CAAGLOP is an African NGO based in Dakar, Senegal. It receives financial support United Nations Volunteers (UNV). ... [according to site editor's information]
The mission of IDEP is to assist policymakers and other stakeholders in enhancing their skills in the areas of policymaking, long-term perspective planning and institutional and regulatory reforms as well as facilitate the emergence of policy ideas and consensus positions in Africa. Through its research programme, IDEP seeks to create a new body of knowledge and to act as an interface between research and policymaking communities. To achieve its objectives IDEP
* conducts training programmes on different aspects of development and planning;
* organizes conferences, seminars and workshops on pertinent African development issues;
* tries to become a center of excellence with full intellectual freedom that will lead the debate on African development issues;
* provides direct consultancy and advisory services to African countries;
* networks with like-minded institutions;
* maintains information and documentation services on economic development and planning. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The United Evangelical Mission is an international communion of 34 churches in Africa, Asia and Germany, and the v Bodelschwingh Institutions Bethel. The UEM has regional offices in Africa (Dar-es-Salaam), Asia (Medan) and Germany (Wuppertal). The aim of the member churches of the UEM is to work together as equal partners between North-South and South-South. Priorities include diaconal work, combating HIV/Aids, working for the rights of women and children, scholarships, development co-operation, intercultural encounter and project promotion. Peace and human rights work is a specific programme priority. ... [according to site editor's information]