AERN is a non-profit making network dedicated to the dissemination of information on Africa. The main projects of AERN include the AFRICAN SYMPOSIUM, an on-line African Educational Research Journal and a variety of other activities to promote and support African-based scholars.
Most issues of "AFRICAN SYMPOSIUM" are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Africa Section of the United Nations Department of Public Information seeks to provide timely and accurate news and analysis on the critical economic and development challenges facing the African continent. Its flagship publication is Africa Renewal magazine (formerly Africa Recovery), which first appeared in 1987, but it also produces in-depth Briefing Papers, information kits, and other releases.
Through these outlets, Africa Renewal examines the many issues that confront the people of Africa, its leaders and its international partners: economic reform, debt, education and health, women's advancement, conflict and civil strife, democratization, aid, investment, trade, regional integration, rural development and many other topics. It tracks the policy debates around these issues, as they evolve. It provides expert analysis and on-the-spot reporting on how those policies affect people on the ground. It features the views of various policy-makers, non-governmental leaders and others actively involved in efforts to transform Africa and improve its prospects on the global stage. Africa Renewal also reports on and examines the many different aspects of the UN's involvement in Africa, especially within the framework of UN New Agenda for the Development of Africa in the 1990s. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Inter Region Economic Network (IREN) is an independent think tank that promotes ideas and strategies geared towards causing a prosperous Africa. Its mission is to advance greater economic opportunities and individual liberty in Africa. [according to site editor's information]
The main objective of ESRF is to build andstrengthen human and institutional capabilities in economic and social policy analysis and decision-making and to enhance the understanding of policy options within theGovernment, public sector, donor community and in the growing national non-governmentalsector mainly, but not only in Tanzania. ... [according to site editors' information]
The Institute of Social and Economic Research is based at Rhodes University serving both the university and broader Eastern Cape community. The Institute is involved in a wide range of socio-economic research, with a strong Eastern Cape bias although their research interests reach further into south and east Africa.
An inter-disciplinary centre, we have six broad research clusters:
- Regional Social and Economic research
- Quality of Life
- Social Policy and Social Change
- Bio-Cultural Diversity Conservation
- Political Traditions of the Eastern Cape
- Restructuring of municipal services and the commercialisation of health care in East and southern Africa. ... [according to site editor's information]
GREAT est une association de recherche sans appartenance partidaire et à but non lucratif qui entend privilégier le renforcement des capacités locales d'analyse et d'aide à la formulation de politiques économiques. Sa devise "Réfléchir à changer", appelle à apporter sa contribution au changement, surtout qualitatif de la société, par la réflexion, la production de littérature et la diffusion des résultats de la pensée scientifique en vue de suggérer aux décideurs des options de politiques économiques adaptées aux changements structurels profonds pour le bien-être collectif. Il regroupe des hommes et des femmes, du monde universitaire, de l'administration publique et privée et de la société civile, qui oeuvrent pour le développement et la promotion de la science économique au service de l'humanité. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
LaRRI's aim is to assist the Namibian labour movement in building its capacity by continuous training and policy research in areas such as labour legislation, collective bargaining, affirmative action, gender equality, Namibia's political economy and globalisation. [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The purpose of TSED is to allow an overall, up-to-date view of the socio-economic situation in Tanzania and to facilitate use of data for analysis. TSED is a comprehensive and up-to-date socio-economic database system that:
* Facilitates the systematization, storage and analysis of performance indicators in different thematic areas that are defined by the users.
* Allows for user-friendly analysis of data through tables, graphs, reports and maps options. The system allows the creation of global, regional, national and local maps, with up to 10 geographic levels. ... [according to site editor's information]
Le CIDR intervient dans des secteurs clés du développement en Afrique :
- développement local et décentralisation,
- développement d'entreprises en milieu rural et en milieu urbain,
- systèmes financiers décentralisés,
- assurance maladie et prévoyance sociale.
Il a pour objectif la construction et le renforcement d'institutions locales, régionales et nationales durables, au service des populations, participant à la réduction de la pauvreté et à l'amélioration des politiques publiques.
Il est actuellement présent dans une douzaine de pays africains : Bénin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Comores, Ethiopie, Guinée, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Ouganda, Rwanda, Sénégal, Tanzanie, Tchad et Togo.
Parmis les principaux partenaires sont entre autres Evangelischer Entwicklungsdienst, Ministère de la décentralisation (Bénin), Oxfam, Diakonia (Suède), Agence française de développement (AFD), Fonds International de développement agricole (FIDA), le PNUD et l'Union Européenne. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site ; rédaction ilissAfrica]
The IRDP provides training, research and consultancy services in the field of rural development planning. Its functions are described inter alia as
* to promote social and economic development by providing opportunities for the study of and training in the principles, techniques and their practical applications in all aspects of rural development planning.
* provide facilities places and centers of learning, education, training and research in rural development planning and such other related subjects and disciplines as the Council may from time to time decide
* to conduct training programmes in all disciplines related to rural development planning including the preparation, application and evaluation of development programmes. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]