Hits 1-7 of 7 (0,01 Seconds)
ECOWAS is a regional group of fifteen countries, founded in 1975. Its mission is to promote economic integration in "all fields of economic activity, particularly industry, transport, telecommunications, energy, agriculture, natural resources, commerce, monetary and financial questions, social and cultural matters." ... [according to site editor's information]
CEN-SAD is to be a framework for integration and complementarity. Its objectives are
* establishment of a comprehensive economic union based on a strategy implemented in accordance with a developmental plan that would be integrated in the national development plans of the member states.
* elimination of all obstacles impeding the unity of its member states (free movement, freedom of residence, improvement of transportation etc.).
* coordination of pedagogical and educational systems at the various educational levels, and in the cultural, scientific and technical fields.
Members are Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo and Tunisia. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
AARDO is an autonomous inter-governmental organisation comprising thirty members from Africa and Asia. Its objectives are inter alia
- to explore collectively opportunities for coordination of efforts to promote welfare of the rural masses,
- to help the member countries in obtaining financial and technical assistance for rural development programmes,
- to assist in the development of organisation of farmers,
- to organise international and regional meetings,
- to initiate studies on subjects of common interest.
Regional offices are in Seoul (South Korea), Amman (Jordan), Cairo (Egypt), Lusaka (Zambia) and Accra (Ghana).
Some publications are accessible online. ... [according to site editor's information and Redaktion ilissAfrica]
Les membres de la CEEAC sont Angola, Burundi, Cameroun, Centrafrique, Gabon, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Guinée Equatoriale, São Tomé et Principe et Tchad. La Communauté a pour missions entre autres:
* la promotion et le renforcement d'une coopération harmonieuse et un développement économique et sociale équilibré ;
* l'élimination, entre les Etats membres, des droits de douanes et toutes autres taxes ;
* l'abolition, entre les Etats membres, des restrictions quantitatives et autres entraves au commerce ;
* l'établissement et le maintien d'un tarif douanier extérieur commun ;
* l'établissement d'une politique commerciale commune à l'égard des Etats tiers ;
* la suppression progressive entre les Etats membres des obstacles à la libre circulation des personnes, des biens et des services, des capitaux, et au droit d'établissement ;
* l'harmonisation des politiques nationales. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site; Redaktion ilissAfrica]
The EAC is the regional intergovernmental organization of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania. It aims at widening and deepening co-operation among the Partner States in, among others, political, economic and social fields for their mutual benefit. To this extent the EAC countries established a Customs Union in 2005 and are working towards the establishment of a Common Market by 2010, subsequently a Monetary Union by 2012 and ultimately a Political Federation of the East African States. ... [according to site editor's information]
The re-established EADB offers a broad range of financial services in the Member States of Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania with an overiding objective of strengthening socio-economic development and regional integration. [according to site editor's information]
The reason for the establishment of the Committee of Central Bank Governors was the need for a specialised body in SADC to promote and achieve closer co-operation among central banks within the Community. The activities of the Committee are mainly focused on assisting central bank Governors and officials in gaining a better knowledge and insight into each other's economies and monetary policies.
Some documents and statistics are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information]