The United States African Development Foundation is an independent Federal agency established to support African-designed and African-driven solutions that address grassroots economic and social problems. It provides grants of up to $250,000 in grants to community groups and small enterprises that benefit under served and marginalized groups in Africa. USADF programs respond to local project requests by actively engage the local community group or enterprise in the design and implementation of the projects. ... [according to site editor's information]
The HSS is a political foundation close to the german political party CSU. It maintains a number of foreign offices, also in sub-Saharan Africa. It promotes democracy, individual responsibility and civil society via political education and development projects. [editors ilissAfrica]
Peter Dörrie writes about African affairs for a living.His special interests are security, resource politics and the politics of democratization. 54 Countries aims to be a go-to source for discovering interesting and insightful coverage of African affairs. [according to site editor's information](en)
AARDO is an autonomous inter-governmental organisation comprising thirty members from Africa and Asia. Its objectives are inter alia
- to explore collectively opportunities for coordination of efforts to promote welfare of the rural masses,
- to help the member countries in obtaining financial and technical assistance for rural development programmes,
- to assist in the development of organisation of farmers,
- to organise international and regional meetings,
- to initiate studies on subjects of common interest.
Regional offices are in Seoul (South Korea), Amman (Jordan), Cairo (Egypt), Lusaka (Zambia) and Accra (Ghana).
Some publications are accessible online. ... [according to site editor's information and Redaktion ilissAfrica]
African Monitor is an independent catalyst operating continentally to enable the monitoring of development funding commitments, delivery and impact on the grassroots; and to bring strong additional African voices to the development agenda. We describe success as a system in which key actors are acting independently and together to sustain developmental policies and interventions that are responsive to the communities that they are designed to benefit and are indeed bringing about the sustainable improvement in well-being that they intend. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Fondation Hirondelle is an organization of journalists which sets up and operates media services in crisis areas. Since its foundation in 1995, Fondation Hirondelle has established and managed several independent media - mainly radio stations - in Africa and in other crisis areas. [according to site editor's information]
AWEPA is an international non-governmental organisation that supports parliaments in Africa and works to keep Africa high on the political agenda in Europe. It has some 1500 current and former parliamentarians as members from the European Parliament and almost all EU member states, plus Norway and Switzerland. It works in Africa from a development perspective to strengthen the core functions of parliaments: oversight, representation and legislation.
AWEPA has offices in Belgium, Burundi, DR Congo, Kenya, Mozambique, the Netherlands, Rwanda, Uganda, Southern Sudan and South Africa. ... [according to site editor's information]
The mission of IDEP is to assist policymakers and other stakeholders in enhancing their skills in the areas of policymaking, long-term perspective planning and institutional and regulatory reforms as well as facilitate the emergence of policy ideas and consensus positions in Africa. Through its research programme, IDEP seeks to create a new body of knowledge and to act as an interface between research and policymaking communities. To achieve its objectives IDEP
* conducts training programmes on different aspects of development and planning;
* organizes conferences, seminars and workshops on pertinent African development issues;
* tries to become a center of excellence with full intellectual freedom that will lead the debate on African development issues;
* provides direct consultancy and advisory services to African countries;
* networks with like-minded institutions;
* maintains information and documentation services on economic development and planning. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]