Zimbabwe Watch is an independent coalition of organisations in the Netherlands that contributes to the creation of a democratic and prosperous Zimbabwe for all Zimbabweans. A Zimbabwe that respects human rights and treaties and its commitments to good governance, socio-economic development and the rule of law.
Zimbabwe Watch collaborates closely with its partners in Zimbabwe and the region in order to define the most pressing issues and actions as well as develop possible alternatives. ... [according to site editor's information]
The aim of the FIDH is to obtain effective improvements in the protection of victims, the prevention of Human Rights abuse and the prosecution of those responsible. It has four priorities
* Protecting Human Rights, assisting victims,
* Mobilising the community of States,
* Supporting local NGO's capacity for action,
* Raising awareness. ... [according to site editor's information]
"Our objective is to promote the institutions of democracy, social justice, Human Rights, Peace, Freedom of Expression, and Respect to humanity in Rwanda, Uganda, DR Congo, Burundi, Sudan, Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Somalia. We strongly believe that Africa will develop if only our presidents stop being rulers of men and become leaders of citizens. We support Breaking the Silence Campaign for DR Congo since we believe the democracy in Rwanda means peace in DRC." You will find background articles, news, eyewittness accounts and more. [according to site editor’s information] ... [supplemented]
The South African Human Rights Commission is the national institution established to entrench constitutional democracy. It is committed to promoting respect for, obervance of and protection of human rights for everyone without fear or favour. [according to site editor's information]
DITSHWANELO is an advocacy organisation with a key role in the promotion and protection of human rights in Botswana society. The Centre seeks to educate, research, counsel and mediate on issues of human rights, with specific reference to the marginalised and the disempowered. [according to site editor's information]
FHRI is an independent not-for-profit organization committed to the protection and promotion of human rights and democracy in Uganda. Since its inception in December 1991, FHRI has
* developed and implemented innovative human rights advocacy strategies and programmes;
* pressed for meaningful law reform and respect for due process of law;
* promoted practical human rights education; conducted paralegal training and community empowerment workshops;
* and fostered collaboration among human rights defenders throughout Uganda. ... [according to site editor's information]
CEAC is a network of NGOs and human rights institutions formed in May 2003. The objectives of the Coalition are to have full ratification of the protocol establishing the African Court by all 53 member states of the African Union (AU); to enhance transparency in the nomination and election of judges; provide a platform for sustainable civil society participation in the creation of the African Court; and provide technical support to the AU and the African Court. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
LIPRODHOR est une ONG rwandaise qui a pour objectifs:
* Agir en faveur de la promotion des droits et libertés fondamentaux de la personne reconnus par la communauté nationale et internationale;
* Concourir à ce que les différentes institutions du pays offrent leur protection physique, morale et judiciaire à tout individu vivant sur le territoire national.
Quelques rapports sont téléchargeable. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
HURINET-U is a network of human rights organizations in Uganda. It contributes towards a society free of human rights violations and abuse by building the capacity of our membership to advance the human rights agenda in Uganda, as well as undertakes collective human rights advocacy at national, regional and international level.
HURINET-U currently has three programmes: (i) Capacity Building and Network Development; (ii) Advocacy, Information Exchange and Research; and (iii) the Human rights Fund. ... [according to site editors' information; editors ilissAfrica]