EISA is non-profit organisation, established 1996 and based in Johannesburg, that strives for credible elections, participatory democracy, human rights culture, and the strengthening of governance institutions. Having field offices in Kinshasa (DR Congo), Antananarivo (Madagascar), Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire), N'djamema (Chad), Khartoum (Sudan), Bujumbura (Burundi), Nairobi (Kenya) and Maputo (Mozambique) its regional focus is no more on Southern Africa alone. EISA works in a number of programme areas, including
* Democracy, conflict management and electoral education
* Elections and political processes
* Balloting and electoral services
* Governance (political partes, APRM, institutions of governance and local governance)
* Online Democracy Encyclopedia
* Research and information (including a specialised library and in house publications).
EISA's work is supported by local, regional and international funding organisations.
A number of reports is downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
HURIPEC is an autonomous Centre in the Faculty of Law at Makerere University. It was set up to provide a focused intellectual and activist space to spearhead the promotion and protection of human rights and peace through a combination of teaching, research, documentation, public debate, seminars, and outreach programmes. It fosters an interdisciplinary approach and collaborates with related institutions and civil society groups.
Publications are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information]