The Kenya Flower Council is a private voluntary association of independent growers and exporters of cut-flowers and ornamentals. KFC was formed to foster the responsible and safe production of cut flowers in Kenya while protecting the natural environment and promoting the welfare of all farm staff. Its mission is to promote the economic, social and political interest of the floriculture industry through active participation in the determination and implementation of policies promoting sustainable development of the sector. ... [according to site editor's information]
ROPPA, founded in 2000, gathers organizations or "consensus executives" coming from 10 West African countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, the Ivory Coast, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal, and Togo), since the 4th ROPPA Ordinary Convention in 2006 also Ghana and Sierra Leone. Its work deals with three major issues:
- sub-regional integration
- decentralization and
- globalization. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
L'AProCA s'est donnée pour mission de défendre les intérêts des producteurs africains dans un cadre de concertation à l'échelle continentale. L'organisation compte treize membres de Bénin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Côte d'Ivoire, Gambie, Ghana, Guinée-Bissau, Guinée, Mali, Sénegal, Tchad, Togo et République Centrafricaine. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site ; rédaction ilissAfrica]
NASFAM is a smallholder-owned membership organization in Malawi with the mission to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. Through a sustainable network of smallholder-owned business organizations, NASFAM promotes farming as a business in order to develop the commercial capacity of its members, and delivers programmes which enhance member productivity. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The regional branch of the ITUC pays a lot of attention to human and trade union rights, socio-economic issues including research, gender equality, education and training, organizing and recruitment, HIV/AIDS at workplace and conflict resolution. It strives for full productive and decent employment, elimination of discrimination based on race, sex, nationality or creed.
ITUC-Africa has 87 affiliates in 46 countries. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Le BBDA a pour mission de :
* Gérer et administrer à titre exclusif sur le territoire national et à l'étranger tous droits relatifs à la représentation ou exécution publique, la radiodiffusion, la communication publique par fil ou, sans fil, la reproduction graphique ou mécanique, la traduction, l'adaptation ou tout autre mode d'exploitation des oeuvres protégées par la loi au tire du droit d'auteur, des droits voisins et des droits relatifs aux expressions du patrimoine culturel traditionnel, ainsi que le droit de suite ;
* Administrer les dits droits sur le territoire national, pour le compte d'auteurs étrangers en vertu des accords de représentation réciproque conclus avec leurs mandataires. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
COSOTA is a statutory body established in 2001 with the main aim of promoting creativity and protecting the rights of creators. It functions both as a copyright office responsible for implementing the copyright and Neighboring rights Act, No 7/1999 and as a collective management society for rights owners who have mandated it to administer the rights on their behalf. ... [according to site editor's information]
AMWCY consists of 126 association members. Its mission is
- To inform and train children on their rights , and lead actions to implement them.
- To struggle against our poverty and that of our communities.
- To contribute in developping child participation, as well as solidarity and fraternity among themselves and among all African populations. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The TNBC is a mechanism for holding regular dialogue between the Government, the private sector and other stakeholders on issues of socio-economic development of Tanzania. The National Business Council attempts to focus its attention on the provision of a forum for public and private sector dialogue with a view to reaching consensus and mutual understanding on strategic issues related to the efficient management of development resources, prevailing operating and regulatory environment. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Economics Association of Zambia (EAZ) is a non-partisan body whose membership includes experts in the areas of economics, business administration and allied fields. It serves as a forum for the articulation of economic and other developmental issues. The EAZ has the mission "to contribute to economic and social development through the promotion and advocacy of sound economic policies." Some research documents are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]