Hits 1-8 of 8 (0,01 Seconds)
La plate-forme « Dette & Développement » regroupe 27 organisations et syndicats français agissant en faveur d'une solution large, juste et durable au problème de la dette des pays en développement. Elle a pour objectif de faire le lien entre dette et développement en travaillant à la promotion d'une solution définitive à la question de la dette des pays du Sud. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
The Committee for the Cancellation of the Third World Debt (French: CADTM) is an international network of individuals and local committees from across Europe and Latin America, Africa and Asia. The network acts in close liaison with other movements and organisations fighting for the same ideals. Its main preoccupation, besides the debt issue, is the planning of activities and radical alternatives for the creation of a world respectful of people's fundamental rights, needs and liberties. ... [according to site editor's information]
JS is a network of debt campaigns, social movements, people's organizations, communities, NGOs and political formations in over 50 countries of Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa and Asia/Pacific. We aim to develop and strengthen a global South movement on the debt, in cooperation with others South and North who are struggling to build a world free of domination. ... [according to site editor's information]
UDN is an advocacy and lobbying coalition of NGOs, Institutions and individuals formed in 1996. UDN works to promote and advocate for pro-poor policies and full participation of poor people in influencing poverty-focused policies, monitoring the utilization of public resources and ensuring that borrowed and national resources are prudently managed in an open, accountable and transparent manner. ... [according to site editor's information]
The site maintained by Probe International, an environmental advocacy group in Canada, provides:
* An e-library of legal information about the principle of odious debt
* A forum for citizens and advocacy groups throughout the world to post details of their country's odious debts and describe the efforts made to establish the illegal nature of these debts
* An archive of information relevant to legal challenges to Third World debt. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
"One of the cornerstones of the Week of Global Action against Debt and International Financial Institutions (IFIs) on October 11-17, 2010 is the demand for the immediate cancellation of illegitimate debts across the globe - Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe and North America." You will find information and news about illegitimate debts and about organisations working on this topic.
The Week of Global Action against Debt and IFIs is an initiative of the different movements and organisations in the International South North Campaign on Illegitimate Debt. It was born at the World Social Forum in Nairobi 2007. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The Economic Justice Network in Southern Africa is a project of the Fellowship of Christian Councils in Southern Africa (FOCCISA). FOCCISA consists of eleven National Christian Councils: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Its objectives are:
* To increase and develop effective advocacy strategies and interventions on a selected number of priority issues affecting the region through joint conferences, seminars and workshops.
* To undertake relevant research on particular issues of concern to the EJN that can be used in advocacy activities of the National Christian Councils, EJN and partner organisation.
* To facilitate information gathering, dissemination and exchange within EJN and with partner organisations on the key priority areas (debt, trade and food security).
* To encourage economic literacy programmes by the Churches at all levels.
* To liaise with similar networks in Southern Africa and the continent and our International partners to collaborate on issues of global concern. ... [according to site editor's information]
AFRODAD is an Pan African Civil Society Organisation working on Debt and Development. AFRODAD aspires for an equitable and sustainable development process, leading to a prosperous African Society. Its mission is to secure policies that will redress the African Debt Crisis based on a human rights value system.
Numerous publications and studies are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information]