The HSS is a political foundation close to the german political party CSU. It maintains a number of foreign offices, also in sub-Saharan Africa. It promotes democracy, individual responsibility and civil society via political education and development projects. [editors ilissAfrica]
The FES is as a political foundation close to the german party SPD. The website informs on the ten focal points of its work in sub-Saharan Africa. A link leads to a survey that presents the homepages of the country offices. [editors ilissAfrica]
The KAS is a political foundation close to the german political party CDU. It maintains numerous foreign offices, also in Africa. The foundation promotes peace, liberty and justice via political education and development projects. [editors ilissAfrica]
The FNF is a political foundation close to the german political party FDP. The focus of the work lies on promoting human rights, the rule of law, the tenets of a market economy and liberal democracy. The FNF does this by providing political and policy advice, facilitating international political dialogue and offering political education.
A link leads to the websites of the five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The Heinrich Böll Foundation, which is associated with the German Green Party, is an open political foundation. Its task is political education with the aim of promoting informed democratic opinion, socio-political commitment and mutual understanding. Its focus in Southern Africa is on
* Political & Human Rights,
* Sustainable Development,
* Transparency & Participation,
* Dialogue & Networking.
Some publications are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information]
Le CIDR intervient dans des secteurs clés du développement en Afrique :
- développement local et décentralisation,
- développement d'entreprises en milieu rural et en milieu urbain,
- systèmes financiers décentralisés,
- assurance maladie et prévoyance sociale.
Il a pour objectif la construction et le renforcement d'institutions locales, régionales et nationales durables, au service des populations, participant à la réduction de la pauvreté et à l'amélioration des politiques publiques.
Il est actuellement présent dans une douzaine de pays africains : Bénin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Comores, Ethiopie, Guinée, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Ouganda, Rwanda, Sénégal, Tanzanie, Tchad et Togo.
Parmis les principaux partenaires sont entre autres Evangelischer Entwicklungsdienst, Ministère de la décentralisation (Bénin), Oxfam, Diakonia (Suède), Agence française de développement (AFD), Fonds International de développement agricole (FIDA), le PNUD et l'Union Européenne. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site ; rédaction ilissAfrica]
HBF is a non-governmental organisation affiliated to the German Green Party. HBF conducts and supports civic educational activities in the fields of human, social and political rights, gender democracy, conflict resolution, and good governance.
Some publications are downloadable. [according to site editor's information]
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, closely associated with the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU). Its basic principles are freedom, justice and solidarity. In South Africa KAS activities focus on the implementation and further development of South Africa's multi-party democracy and the rule of law. Further objectives of the work are an enhancement of parliament's control function, the support of federal structures, the fostering and monitoring of regional integration processes and the promotion of civil society. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Hanns Seidel Foundation is a german political foundation close to the bavaria political party CSU. The development cooperation in South Africa has its focus on
* Capacity and institution building
* Seminars on Human Rights and The Rule of Law
* Support of research on causes and the effects of crime
* Support of research on violent conflicts in the region and the African continent
* Prevention of conflicts
* Support of development and training in democratic values and professional skills for administrations on regional level.
* Training for local councillors in the Western Cape Province. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, closely associated with the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU). Its basic principles are freedom, justice and solidarity. Its activities in Ghana aim at
- Supporting economic and socio-political reforms of the present government;
- Strengthening the role of the parliament;
- Promoting the participation of all strata of society in the political process;
- Promote the participation in local politics, particularly in the framework of the decentralisation process;
- Promoting the effective integration of traditional structures into the modern state administration;
- Promoting the rule of law and
- Gender quality. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]