The UN Integrated Bureau for Burundi was created to assist the Government in its efforts towards peace and stability, through coherent and coordinated response of the UN System in Burundi. BINUB concentrates its activities on four domains:
* Peace consolidation and democratic governance;
* Disarmament, demobilization, reinsertion and reform of the security sector;
* Promotion and protection of human rights and measures to end impunity;
* Donors and United Nations agency coordination. ... [according to site editor's information]
UNMIL was established by Security Council resolution in September 2003 with the following mandate:
* Support for Implementation of the Ceasefire Agreement
* Protection of United Nations Staff, Facilities and Civilians
* Support for Humanitarian and Human Rights Assistance
* Support for Security Reform
* Support for Implementation of the Peace Process
The site gives access to numerous documents. ... [according to site editor's information]
The mission of OSAA is to:
* enhance international support for Africa's development and security through its advocacy and analytical work,
* assist the Secretary General in improving coherence and coordination of the UN system support to Africa, and
* facilitate inter-governmental deliberations on Africa at the global level, in particular relating to the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD).
The Office takes the lead in the preparation of Africa-related reports and inputs on NEPAD. ... [according to site editor's information]
L'ONUCI est une opération de maintien de la paix sous le Chapitre VII de la Charte des Nations Unies. Le déploiement en Côte d'Ivoire adébuté en avril 2004. Le mandat de l'ONUCI est entre autres :
- observer et surveiller l'application de l'accord de cessez-le-feu global du 3 mai 2003 et de la déclaration conjointe de fin de guerre en date du 6 avril 2005, qui a résulté de l'Accord de Pretoria, et contrôler les mouvements des groupes armés.
- contribuer au rétablissement de la confiance entre les forces en présence.
- aider le Gouvernement à surveiller les frontières, en prêtant une attention particulière à la situation des réfugiés libériens et aux mouvements de combattants.
- aider le Gouvernement de réconciliation nationale à procéder au regroupement de toutes les forces ivoiriennes concernées par le désarmement, la démobilisation et la réinsertion (DDR) des combattants. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site; éditeurs ilissAfrica]
MONUSCO took over from an earlier UN peacekeeping operation – the United Nations Organization Mission in Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUC) – on 1 July 2010. It was done in accordance with Security Council resolution 1925 of 28 May to reflect the new phase reached in the country.The new mission has been authorized to use all necessary means to carry out its mandate relating, among other things, to the protection of civilians, humanitarian personnel and human rights defenders under imminent threat of physical violence and to support the Government of the DRC in its stabilization and peace consolidation efforts.
The site informs about the mandate and activities of MONUSCO. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The KAIPTC aims to be a Regional Centre of Excellence where education, training and research concerning peace operations are to be delivered to the highest academic and professional standards. Participants embrace the full spectrum of military, security sector, diplomatic and non-governmental agencies likely to be involved in peace operations. KAIPTC offers Ghanaian, regional and international participants the opportunity to examine specific peace operations issues at the operational level and to update and share their knowledge of the latest practices through conferences, discussions, lectures and computer assisted training exercises. ... [according to site editor's information; Redaktion ilissAfrica]
The IGAD mission is to assist and complement the efforts of the Member States to achieve, through increased cooperation:
* Food Security and environmental protection
* Promotion and maintenance of peace and security and humanitarian affairs, and,
* Economic cooperation and integration.
IGAD is to be the premier regional organization for achieving peace, prosperity and regional integration in the IGAD region. ... [according to site editor's information]
FAS is an international NGO created by African women leaders with four main objectives:
- Fostering, supporting and promoting women's initiatives in the prevention, management and resolution of conflicts in Africa, and for the respect of their rights;
- Strengthening women's leadership capacity, including at the grassroots, to restore and maintain peace in their countries;
- Engendering policies, structures, programmes and the peace process for the attainment of durable peace and human security in Africa;
- Advocating at the national, regional and international levels for African women's rights and concerns, and their critical role on issues of peace and security. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Following UN Security Council Resolutions that considered the conflicts in the region to be a threat to international peace and security the ICGLR was established in 2000. The ICGLR's objective is to bring all the countries of the region together, to agree on a strategy thats brings peace and prosperity to the Great Lakes region. The work concentrates on
- Peace and Security
- Democracy and Good Governance
- Economic Development and Regional Integration
- Humanitarian, Social and Environmental Issues.
The ICGLR comprises eleven core countries (Angola, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia, co-opted countries (Botswana, Egypt, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia and Zimbabwe) and the "Group of Friends" (mainly Western countries). ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The International Crisis Group is an independent, non-profit, multinational organisation, with some 130 staff members on five continents, working through field-based analysis and high-level advocacy to prevent and resolve deadly conflict.On this site, you will find a lot of reports for free download.Crisis Group's approach is grounded in field research. Teams of political analysts are located within or close by countries at risk of outbreak, escalation or recurrence of violent conflict. Based on information and assessments from the field, it produces analytical reports containing practical recommendations targeted at key international decision-takers. ... [according to site editors' information]