The objective of the Centre is to promote South-South civil society cooperation on trade and development and create long-term capacity of civil society representatives to address the issues of equity and accountability. The Centre has been entrusted with the responsibility to consolidate and expand activities of the organisation on south-south civil society co-operation in the areas of trade, economics and environment. ... [according to site editor's information]
The IGD is an independent South African non-governmental organisation broadly concerned with key issues in international affairs, and how these affect South Africa, southern Africa, and Africa as a whole. The IGD's activities centre on four programme areas, encompassing:
* South Africa
* The southern African region
* The global order ... [according to site editor's information]
NEWSfromAFRICA publishes regular news, features, press reviews and editorials. It is the initiative of Koinonia Community, a not-for-profit development organisation based in Nairobi, Kenya. Articles are written from the perspective of the African grassroots people. [according to site editor's information]
The International Migration Institute (IMI) is committed to developing a long-term and forward-looking perspective on international migration. Migration is seen as part of broader processes of global change and development.
IMI has been developing its two online tools: a database of African migrations references and a directory of researchers working on African migrations:
The database of African migrations references contains over 2000 references on aspects of migration within, from, and to Africa. Includes keyword search and facility to export search results.
The directory of researchers working on African migrations provides access to IMI’s growing list of academic contacts with expertise in African migrations. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
ARTICLE 19 is a human rights organisation with a specific mandate and focus on the defence and promotion of freedom of expression and freedom of information worldwide.
Access to documents ranging from succinct press releases to more in depth reports on specific countries or issues and from analyses of laws to international legal standards. ... [according to site editor's information]
SAA's mission is to promote policies and research to support individual government's national response to the epidsemic in the continent. The goal of is to decrease the spread and mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDS and other STIs in the African continent, through various activities. [according to site editor's information]
SAIIA has a long and proud record as South Africa’s premier research institute on international issues. It is an independent, non-government think-tank whose purpose is to encourage wider and more informed awareness of the importance of international affairs. It is both a centre for research excellence and a home for stimulating public debate.
The Institute’s activities include:
- making input into policy development locally and internationally;
- undertaking research on current issues of importance to Africa generally and South Africa specifically with a focus on governance and accountability; trade, investment (i.e. economic diplomacy) and development ; South African foreign policy; existing and emerging powers and their role in Africa; and lastly, global challenges such as climate change and energy security;
- developing linkages and joint programmes with international organisations and agencies throughout the world;
- maintaining a resource centre and reference library (that is a United Nations depository as well as a World Bank Development Information Centre) for students and scholars of international relations;
- organising conferences, seminars and speakers’ meetings on a wide range of topics addressed by prominent South Africans and distinguished international guests; and
- encouraging an interest in international relations among the youth through its leadership programme for postgraduate interns and its various outreach programmes for university students and high school learners. ... [according to site editor's information]
The site has been established by Fahamu to enable African CSOs to engage constructively with the African Union (AU) and its organs in the interests of promoting justice, equity and accountability through the provision of high-quality and timely information. It provides news and documents relating to the AU. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Flamme d'Afrique est un quotidien évènementiel couvrant la participation de la société civile africaine aux événements internationaux. Elle est né d'un constat : celui de la marginalité de la participation et des relais médiatiques africains dans les espaces où est discuté l'avenir du continent, et en premier lieu dans les Forums Sociaux Mondiaux qui fournissent un cadre à l'émergence d'alternatives susceptibles de recomposer les tissus économiques et sociaux détruits par le processus de mondialisation libérale. Flamme d'Afrique est né dans le cadre d'un partenariat entre l'Institut Panos Afrique de l'Ouest, Enda Tiers-Monde, et le Forum Social Africain. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
Le Forum des Peuples est un espace d'éducation populaire et d'analyse des politiques néo-libérales. Il vise l'interpellation des décideurs au plan national et international en ce qui concerne leurs politiques qui ont assez souvent des conséquences désavantageuses sur la vie des populations. Le Forum des Peuples est aussi un espace de construction d'alternatives.
Partie intégrante du Forum Social Africain et du Forum Social Mondial, le Forum des Peuples est une initiative que la CAD-Mali organise chaque année en contrepoint au Sommet du G8.
Le Forum des peuples, expression d'un mouvement social dynamique, traduit la volonté des Peuples à circonscrire leurs luttes dans la perspective d'une réaction contre l'ordre néolibéral et pour la libération du développement. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site ; rédaction ilissAfrica]