Hits 1-6 of 6 (0,01 Seconds)
L'OMVS a été créé en vue de gérer le bassin versant du fleuve Sénégal. Elle a comme objectifs de
* réaliser l'autosuffisance alimentaire pour les populations du Bassin;
* réduire la vulnérabilité des économies des Etats membres de l'OMVS * face aux aléas climatiques ainsi qu'aux facteurs externes;
* accélérer le développement économique des Etats membres;
* préserver l'équilibre des écosystèmes dans la sous région et plus particulièrement dans le Bassin;
* sécuriser et améliorer les revenus des populations de la vallée. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site ; rédaction ilissAfrica]
The IPCC was established to provide the decision-makers and others interested in climate change with an objective source of information about climate change. The IPCC does not conduct any research nor does it monitor climate related data or parameters. Its role is to assess on a comprehensive, objective, open and transparent basis the latest scientific, technical and socio-economic literature produced worldwide relevant to the understanding of the risk of human-induced climate change, its observed and projected impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation.
Some publications are available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish or Russian. ... [according to site editors' information]
Third World Network-Africa is a research and advocacy NGO based in Accra, Ghana. It is the autonomous Africa section of Third World Network (TWN), an independent non-profit coalition of organisations and individuals engaged in advocacy on issues related to development, environment and North-South affairs. Programme areas are political economy, gender and environment. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
NEMA is the principal instrument of government in the implementation of all policies relating to the environment. Its core functions are inter alia:
* Coordinating the various environmental management activities being undertaken by the lead agencies
* Promote the integration of environmental considerations into development policies, plans, programmes and projects, with a view to ensuring the proper management and rational utilization of environmental resources, on sustainable yield basis, for the improvement of the quality of human life in Kenya.
* To take stock of the natural resources in Kenya and their utilization and conservation. ... [according to site editor's information]
SAIEA is a non-profit Environmental Trust, whose mission is to support sustainable development in Southern Africa through promoting the effective and efficient use of Environmental Assessment as a planning tool. SAIEA provides strategic support to SADC, governments, local authorities, development agencies, NGO's and private sector clients, who are increasingly aware of the need to incorporate Environmental Assessment (EA) as an integral part of their planning. Most of the countries in the region have recently developed laws that make EA mandatory for a wide range of activities.
SAIEA operates under the guidance of the International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA). ... [according to site editor's information]
NEMC is an institution responsible for overseeing the integrity of Tanzanian's environment for sustainable development. It has a key role to play toward the achievement of the national goal of sustainable development set out in the National Development Vision 2025. NEMC is responsible for assessing and monitoring the quality of the Environment, as well as providing technical arbitration in the course of significant environmental impacts to the society and enforcing the environmental legislation.
Some documents are for download. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]