The IPCC was established to provide the decision-makers and others interested in climate change with an objective source of information about climate change. The IPCC does not conduct any research nor does it monitor climate related data or parameters. Its role is to assess on a comprehensive, objective, open and transparent basis the latest scientific, technical and socio-economic literature produced worldwide relevant to the understanding of the risk of human-induced climate change, its observed and projected impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation.
Some publications are available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish or Russian. ... [according to site editors' information]
The GEF helps developing countries fund projects and programs that protect the global environment. GEF grants support projects related to biodiversity, climate change, international waters, land degradation, the ozone layer, and persistent organic pollutants.
GEF is an independent financial organization that provides grants to developing countries for projects that benefit the global environment and promote sustainable livelihoods in local communities.
GEF projects address six complex global environmental issues:
* Climate Change
* International Waters
* Land Degradation
* The Ozone Layer
* Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) ... [according to site editor's information]
The mission of UNEP DTIE is to encourage decision-makers in government, local authorities and industry to develop and adopt policies, strategies and practices that are cleaner and safer, make efficient use of natural resources, ensure environmentally sound management of chemicals, reduce pollution and risks for humans and the environment, enable implementation of conventions and international agreements, and incorporate environmental costs. ... [according to site editor's information]
The World Resources Institute (WRI) is an environmental think tank that goes beyond research to find practical ways to protect the earth and improve people's lives.
WRI organizes its work around four key goals:
- People & Ecosystems: Reverse rapid degradation of ecosystems and assure their capacity to provide humans with needed goods and services.
- Governance & Access: Empower people and strengthen institutions to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable decision-making.
- Climate Protection: Protect the global climate system from further harm due to emissions of greenhouse gases and help humanity and the natural world adapt to unavoidable climate change.
- Markets & Enterprise: Harness markets and enterprise to expand economic opportunity and protect the environment. ... [according to site editor's information]