ARIPO was mainly established to pool the resources of its member countries in industrial property matters together in order to avoid duplication of financial and human resources. Thus the preamble to the Lusaka Agreement states that member states are "aware of the advantage to be derived by them from the effective and continuous exchange of information and harmonization and co-ordination of their laws and activities in industrial property matters".
Members are Botswana, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. ... [according to site editor's information]
The South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law represents over 140 patent attorneys, patent agents, trade mark practitioners and academics in South Africa who specialise in the field of Intellectual Property Law. [according to site editor's information]
The regional branch of the ITUC pays a lot of attention to human and trade union rights, socio-economic issues including research, gender equality, education and training, organizing and recruitment, HIV/AIDS at workplace and conflict resolution. It strives for full productive and decent employment, elimination of discrimination based on race, sex, nationality or creed.
ITUC-Africa has 87 affiliates in 46 countries. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
ICJ Kenya is a National Section of the International Commission of Jurists. Its mandate is to work for the promotion and protection of the rule of law, human rights and democracy.
Some reports are downloadable. [editors ilissAfrica]
Le BBDA a pour mission de :
* Gérer et administrer à titre exclusif sur le territoire national et à l'étranger tous droits relatifs à la représentation ou exécution publique, la radiodiffusion, la communication publique par fil ou, sans fil, la reproduction graphique ou mécanique, la traduction, l'adaptation ou tout autre mode d'exploitation des oeuvres protégées par la loi au tire du droit d'auteur, des droits voisins et des droits relatifs aux expressions du patrimoine culturel traditionnel, ainsi que le droit de suite ;
* Administrer les dits droits sur le territoire national, pour le compte d'auteurs étrangers en vertu des accords de représentation réciproque conclus avec leurs mandataires. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
Patent rights being essentially a factor of development, and the body, which manages it necessarily, has a triple mission
* Issuing of protection titles
Registration and issuing of titles, following a procedure common to all member state, on the basis of the Bangui Agreement and other regulatory texts.
* Documentation and information
The Bangui Agreement makes it an obligation to AIPO to publish by way of information the essential content of the titles which it issues.
* Involvement in development
AIPO puts in place a programme of information, sensitisation, training and of assistance to the promotion of invention and innovation, directed to the different levels of society where there is a need for patent rights law. ... [according to site editor's information]
EALS is the premier regional Bar Association in East Africa. It is a dual membership organization, bringing together seven thousand-plus individual lawyer-members from the region as well as the six national Bar associations: Law Society of Kenya, Tanganyika Law Society, Uganda Law Society Zanzibar Law Society, Kigali Bar Association and Burundi Bar Association. It is the largest organized Professional/ Civil Society membership organization in the region. ... [according to site editor's information]
The aims and objectives of the CITN are
* To determine what standards of knowledge and skills are to be attained by persons seeking to become registered members of the taxation profession.
* To raise, maintain and regulate the standard of taxation practice amongst its members.
* To promote professional ethics and efficiency in tax administration and practice.
* To encourage, promote and co-ordinate research for the advancement of taxation practice and administration in Nigeria. ... [according to site editor's information]
Website of the Nigerian University Libraries Consortium. This consortium mainly deals with question of access to online content (like e-journals, e-books, databases etc). Among others, you will find presentations held at a workshop on Open Access in Africa. [editors ilissAfrica]
Website of the South African Librariy and Information Consortium. This consortium mainly deals with question of access to online content (like e-journals, e-books, databases etc). Furthermore, you will find a newsletter. [editors ilissAfrica]