AARDO is an autonomous inter-governmental organisation comprising thirty members from Africa and Asia. Its objectives are inter alia
- to explore collectively opportunities for coordination of efforts to promote welfare of the rural masses,
- to help the member countries in obtaining financial and technical assistance for rural development programmes,
- to assist in the development of organisation of farmers,
- to organise international and regional meetings,
- to initiate studies on subjects of common interest.
Regional offices are in Seoul (South Korea), Amman (Jordan), Cairo (Egypt), Lusaka (Zambia) and Accra (Ghana).
Some publications are accessible online. ... [according to site editor's information and Redaktion ilissAfrica]
The SOAS in London is one of the largest research centers worldwide in the study of the languages, cultures and societies of Africa, Asia and the Middle East (founded in 1916). African languages taught at the SOAS: Afrikaans, Amharic, Hausa, Igbo, Shona, Somali, Swahili, Tigrinya, Twi, Yoruba, Zulu. [editors ilissAfrica]