NIMR is a Parastatal Service Organization under the Ministry of Health. It was established to enhance disease management, prevention and control in the country. NIMR is the largest health research institution and the key board that oversees all regulatory issues of health research in Tanzania. [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]...
The main objective of ESRF is to build andstrengthen human and institutional capabilities in economic and social policy analysis and decision-making and to enhance the understanding of policy options within theGovernment, public sector, donor community and in the growing national non-governmentalsector mainly, but not only in Tanzania. ... [according to site editors' information]
REPOA was formed in 1994 in Tanzania with the mandate to contribute to the alleviation of poverty in its multiple dimensions through research and capacity building. Over time, REPOA’s mandate has expanded beyond alleviating poverty to encompass growth and socio-economic transformation for poverty reduction. [according to site editor's information]
The IRDP provides training, research and consultancy services in the field of rural development planning. Its functions are described inter alia as
* to promote social and economic development by providing opportunities for the study of and training in the principles, techniques and their practical applications in all aspects of rural development planning.
* provide facilities places and centers of learning, education, training and research in rural development planning and such other related subjects and disciplines as the Council may from time to time decide
* to conduct training programmes in all disciplines related to rural development planning including the preparation, application and evaluation of development programmes. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) is both a teaching and research centre at the University of Dar es Salaam. The vision of the IDS is to develop knowledge and skills that can contribute effectively to scientific inquiry into the nature, causes and impacts of global social, economic, political, cultural and technological changes on development. ... [according to site editor's information]
EDI Ltd is a research and consultancy company providing clients from the Public, Private and Civil Society sectors with expert knowledge, skills and tools to improve their effectiveness and promote economic development in developing countries. The research department undertakes studies on behalf of organisations such as the World Bank, OECD, international research institutes and universities. The Consultancy department undertakes assignments on behalf of private, public and civil society sector institutions.
A number of papers and reports is downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information]
EQUINET is a network of professionals, civil society members, policy makers, state officials and others within the region who have come together as an equity catalyst, to promote and realise shared values of equity and social justice in health.
EQUINET is governed by a steering committee involving academic, government and civic institutions from Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe and from SADC and international level. EQUINET programmes involve institutions from these and other SADC countries.
[according to site editor's information]
Publications are downloadable....
Aims and objectives of MEWATA are inter alia
* To provide organizational means for medical women to come together as a professional body and to project its outlook and image in the interests of the Society.
* To promote interest of medical women in different parts of the country and to foster friendship, professional communication and understanding amongst them.
* To encourage and provide opportunities for medical women to identify health problems of the communities they serve and utilize their skills and training in solving or alleviating such problems. ... [according to site editor's information]
The mission of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research is to generate and apply innovative technologies which efficiently and effectively exploit Science and Technology (S & T) for socio-economic development in the critical areas of agriculture, industry, health and environment and improve scientific culture of the civil society. Technologies developed will be commercialized for Private Sector Development in Ghana and abroad. ... [according to site editor's information]
IERPE is a not-for-profit educational institution conducting empirical research, providing policy recommendations and training the next generation of scholars. Its ultimate goal is to foster sustainable development in Africa through improved provision of public services. [according to site editor's information]