Hits 1-8 of 8 (0,01 Seconds)
African Renaissance Network (ARN) is a support organisation for individuals and NGOs working in the area of peace building and conflict transformation. It is an African initiative that seeks to build and improve the skills and capacity of individuals and NGOs to confront the complex conflicts in Africa. It also helps in developing culturally sensitive tools for conflict prevention, mediation and transformation.
ARN uses as it’s basis the African experience in conflict prevention, mediation and transformation and most especially the women experience. Building on the African experience, it puts at the centre stage, dialogue of cultures, religions and civilisations. ... [according to site editor's information]
Following UN Security Council Resolutions that considered the conflicts in the region to be a threat to international peace and security the ICGLR was established in 2000. The ICGLR's objective is to bring all the countries of the region together, to agree on a strategy thats brings peace and prosperity to the Great Lakes region. The work concentrates on
- Peace and Security
- Democracy and Good Governance
- Economic Development and Regional Integration
- Humanitarian, Social and Environmental Issues.
The ICGLR comprises eleven core countries (Angola, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia, co-opted countries (Botswana, Egypt, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia and Zimbabwe) and the "Group of Friends" (mainly Western countries). ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Founded in December 1994 by a group of African Trainers in Conflict Transformation, Peacebuilding and Community Development APT has over the years developed to become a leading Training Provider in Participatory methodologies especially forum theatre and the application of the same in Conflict Transformation, Community Development and Child Rehabilitation. APT is heavily rooted in African Traditional models of communication and also informed by the theories and works of Paulo Freire and Augusto Boal.
APT is based in Nairobi and runs most of the Donor Supported programs within the Country. APT also offers Consultancy Services and has experience working in different parts of the world. ... [according to site editor's information]
The mission of the Mano River Women's Peace Network is to advocate for and promote at all decision-making levels the involvement of women and youth in the prevention, management and resolution of conflict in the Mano River sub-region, throughout Africa and the world, to serve as a catalyst through which sustainable peace, human security and justice can be attained by ensuring gender responsive policies and building women's/girls' capacity for socio-economic, political empowerment and human development for all. ... [according to site editor's information]
The UN Integrated Bureau for Burundi was created to assist the Government in its efforts towards peace and stability, through coherent and coordinated response of the UN System in Burundi. BINUB concentrates its activities on four domains:
* Peace consolidation and democratic governance;
* Disarmament, demobilization, reinsertion and reform of the security sector;
* Promotion and protection of human rights and measures to end impunity;
* Donors and United Nations agency coordination. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Africa Program hosts public meetings, conferences, and forums featuring heads of states and other leaders from Africa, as well as American, European, and African experts. The African focus is on current conflict zones, such as Sudan, the Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, the Niger Delta of Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire and Kenya, and on overarching policy issues such as trade, governance, the development of the state capacity, information and communications technology, development, drug trafficking and regional economic integration. The "Conflict Transformation Programs" deal with Burundi on Peacebuilding & with the DRC on Cohesive Leadership. The Wilson Center, chartered by Congress as the official memorial to President Woodrow Wilson, is the nation’s key non-partisan policy forum for tackling global issues through independent research and open dialogue to inform actionable ideas for Congress, the Administration and the broader policy community. ... [according to site editor's information]
Extensive site the House of Nationalities in Southern Sudan. Its purpose is to unite the different and sometimes hostile communities of Southern Sudan and to promote peace and respect. This is mainly done by meetings of the traditional leaders. On this site, you will find extensive information on the project, on conferences held, background articles and profiles of different traditional leaders. ... [editors ilissAfrica]
L'ONUCI est une opération de maintien de la paix sous le Chapitre VII de la Charte des Nations Unies. Le déploiement en Côte d'Ivoire adébuté en avril 2004. Le mandat de l'ONUCI est entre autres :
- observer et surveiller l'application de l'accord de cessez-le-feu global du 3 mai 2003 et de la déclaration conjointe de fin de guerre en date du 6 avril 2005, qui a résulté de l'Accord de Pretoria, et contrôler les mouvements des groupes armés.
- contribuer au rétablissement de la confiance entre les forces en présence.
- aider le Gouvernement à surveiller les frontières, en prêtant une attention particulière à la situation des réfugiés libériens et aux mouvements de combattants.
- aider le Gouvernement de réconciliation nationale à procéder au regroupement de toutes les forces ivoiriennes concernées par le désarmement, la démobilisation et la réinsertion (DDR) des combattants. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site; éditeurs ilissAfrica]