La mission de OASH consiste à contribuer à l’amélioration des conditions de vie des familles démunies tout en assurant l’intégration des jeunes déscolarisés dans la société en vue de participer au développement durable du pays. Les objectifs sont entre autres :
* Assurer la santé de la population à moindre coût.* Accroître le taux de scolarisation en générale et celui des jeunes filles en particulier.
* Former les jeunes déscolarisés à l’auto emploi.
* Amener les jeunes à mieux gérer leur cadre de vie. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site; rédaction ilissAfrica]
The GHARF is a non-profit NGO in Enugu (Nigeria) committed to empower women and adolescents economically, and with correct information on sexual and reproductive health, communicable diseases including HIV/AIDS and rights through education, research, documentation, service provision and income generation activities. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The African Youth Development Foundation (AFRYDEF) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental development organization established in Nigeria in 1999 to mobilize resources and to promote and support sustainable youth empowerment and rural development initiatives in Africa .AFRYDEF has a collaborative approach, engaging all levels of society, including the vulnerable groups (youths, women and children) and decision makers. Specific programmes and activities:
Improved Community Health Care Services (ICHCS)
* Care for the Poor and Underprivileged Persons (CPUP)
* Education for Life-long Empowerment (ELE)
* Mobilizing Communities for HIV/AIDS Prevention (MCHP)
* Sustainable Development for Poverty Reduction (SDPR)
* Preventive Peace building and Conflict Resolution (PPCR)
[according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica...
NELA is a civil society, non-governmental organization with HIV/AIDS related activities spanning prevention, counselling, advocacy, training, research, care and support, ethics and human rights. In collaboration with International HIV/AIDS Alliance (IHAA), National and State Action Committees on AIDS, NELA provides technical and financial assistance to NGOs/CBOs particularly in the south-western part in Nigeria to carry out HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support programmes at the community level. NELA's mission is to mitigate the impact of HIV/AIDS on individuals, families and communities and to strenghten the capacity of community organizations to do the same. ... [according to site editor's information]
NGOPEE FOUNDATION is a social profit organization is committed to advocacy of woman rights, sustainable program for rural area with highest premium on women, young boys and girls. Projects / programs are
1. Entrepreneurship programme for migrants and nationals
2. Connecting Sierra Leoneans entrepreneurs to the international market of Joint Venture partnership
3. On the role of human trafficking and the growing problems of failed returned asylum seekers
4. The organization undertake programme sure has sustainable reintegration development initiatives of return migrant seeker
5. Publicity and Awareness company on human trafficking prevention6. Sensitize Gender based Equality and Health Care
7. Trainings and macro financial for under privileged women and girls and unaccompanied single parents and framers ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
G.R.A.C.E., a NGO based in the US and Kenya, works with communities in Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, Mozambique and Malawi to mitigate the effects of HIV/AIDS. G.R.A.C.E. helps networks of African community-based organizations (CBOs), people living with AIDS(PLWAs), and youth deliver household-focused prevention and care, early childhood development, nutritional, agricultural, and economic improvements for sustainable communities. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Formerly known as the Niger Delta Project for Environment, Human Rights, and Development (NDPEHRD), the Center for Environment, Human Rights and Development (CEHRD) is a rural-based NGO founded by conservationists, environmentalists, activists, and health workers in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. CEHRD was formed to respond to the environmental, human rights, rural health, and underdevelopment problems plaguing the Niger Delta.
The goal is to serve as a bridge between the rural communities of Nigeria and their rights by empowering them through education andassistance. CEHRD has four programme areas:
* Rural health and population
* Human rights
* Community development ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The association "Appui au développement, Santé Diabète Mali (SDM)" (Supporting Development, Mali Diabetes Healthcare) is a French NGO specialised in diabetes, supporting development in diabetes care. The NGO set up its work on principles of sustainable development with an emphasis on participatory projects. [according to site editor's information]
GPI is a NGO in Nigeria with the mission to educate girls between the ages of 10-18 years concerning their health, rights, self reliance skills and needs from a gender perspective through information, communication, counselling and community intervention. [according to site editor's information]
Gede Foundation is a nonprofit organization registered in Washington, DC and in Nigeria. Its mission is to promote healthy communities by restoring the individual’s right to health through education and access to services. To achieve this, the Foundation initiated the following programs:
* Treatment and Care
* Scholarship and Skills Acquisition for OVC (Orphans and Vulnerable Children)
* Training (especially HIV training of health workers based in the northern states of Nigeria) ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]