The main activities of this Ministry revolve around formulating policies in the energy, water and waste water sectors and the establishment of a responsive legal framework to govern the development of these sectors. The Ministry has under its responsibility the Central Water Authority (CWA), the Central Electricity Board, the Wastewater Management Authority, the Water Resources Unit, the Energy Services Division and the Radiation Protection Authority. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Ministry of Industry, Science and Research has the mission
* To enhance the global competitiveness of the industrial sector;
* To foster development of integrated, high-tech and innovative industries;
* To sustain quality through recognized standards;
* To promote science and research for wealth generation, job creation and sustainable development. ... [according to site editor's information]
The website of the Ministry of Agro Industry and Food Security explains the agricultural policy of the country. Its mission: "Towards further development of agriculture and the promotion of agro industry focusing on safety, supply, quality, innovation and new technology through our service providing institutions and with stakeholders of the region." ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The website of the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development has extensive information about the environmental policy of the government. A number of reports is downloadable. [editors ilissAfrica]
The Public Infrastructure Division of the Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Land Transport & Shipping is responsible for the implementation of Road, Bridge and Government Building infrastructural projects. The Land Transport Division has the task to formulate and implement policies for safe, efficient and environmentally sustainable services in the land transport sector. The Shipping Division is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of ships the protection of life and property at sea and the marine environment. ... [according to site editor's information]
The website of the Ministry of Civil Service and Administrative Reforms. Its mission is
* To be a driver, catalyst and facilitator for the development of effective and efficient human resources in the Civil Service.
* To spearhead administrative reforms so as to enable the delivery of timely and quality service to the public.
* To provide training to Public Officers. ... [according to site editor's information]
The website of the Ministry of Business, Enterprise, Cooperatives and Consumer Protection (Cooperatives Division). Its mission is "facilitating and assisting the development of co-operatives through the creation and provision of favourable and conducive legal and institutional environment together with adequate support and incentives." ... [according to site editor's information]
The website of the Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations and Employment has extensive information about the services and departments of the the ministry. A number of publications is downloadable. [according to site editor's information]