CEN-SAD is to be a framework for integration and complementarity. Its objectives are
* establishment of a comprehensive economic union based on a strategy implemented in accordance with a developmental plan that would be integrated in the national development plans of the member states.
* elimination of all obstacles impeding the unity of its member states (free movement, freedom of residence, improvement of transportation etc.).
* coordination of pedagogical and educational systems at the various educational levels, and in the cultural, scientific and technical fields.
Members are Benin, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo and Tunisia. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The EAC is the regional intergovernmental organization of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania. It aims at widening and deepening co-operation among the Partner States in, among others, political, economic and social fields for their mutual benefit. To this extent the EAC countries established a Customs Union in 2005 and are working towards the establishment of a Common Market by 2010, subsequently a Monetary Union by 2012 and ultimately a Political Federation of the East African States. ... [according to site editor's information]
Established by Liberia and Sierra Leone in 1973 and joined by Guinea in 1980 the MRU is an attempt to establish closer economic cooperation in Anglophone West Africa. Due to civil wars involving the three countries the objectives of the Union could not be achieved. In May 2004 the Union was reactivated. [editors ilissAfrica]
NBI is a partnership of the Nile Basin states. It seeks to develop the river in a cooperative manner, share substantial socioeconomic benefits, and promote regional peace and security. According to the policy guidelines the objectives are inter alia
- to develop the Nile Basin water resources in a sustainable and equitable way to ensure prosperity, security, and peace for all its peoples,
- to ensure efficient water management and the optimal use of the resources,
- to ensure cooperation and joint action between the riparian countries,
- to target poverty eradication and promote economic integration. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The NBA is an intergovernmental organisation aiming to foster cooperation in managing and developing the resources of the basin of the River Niger. Members are nine states: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger and Nigeria. [editors ilissAfrica]
Following UN Security Council Resolutions that considered the conflicts in the region to be a threat to international peace and security the ICGLR was established in 2000. The ICGLR's objective is to bring all the countries of the region together, to agree on a strategy thats brings peace and prosperity to the Great Lakes region. The work concentrates on
- Peace and Security
- Democracy and Good Governance
- Economic Development and Regional Integration
- Humanitarian, Social and Environmental Issues.
The ICGLR comprises eleven core countries (Angola, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia, co-opted countries (Botswana, Egypt, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia and Zimbabwe) and the "Group of Friends" (mainly Western countries). ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The mission of RASCOM is to provide to all African countries, efficient and inexpensive telecommunications facilities and meet their radio and television broadcast requirements, by having recourse to every appropriate technology, including a regional satellite communication system well integrated into existing and/or planned national network with a vie to facilitating the development of the countries of Africa. RASCOM is an intergovernmental commercially run organization whose capital is open to the private sector. ... [according to site editor's information]
The e-Africa Commission was created in the framework of NEPAD. It is responsible for developing policies, strategies and projects at continental level as well as managing the structured development of the ICT sector in the context of NEPAD. [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
La COMIFAC est un organe d'orientation, de coordination et de décision qui a mis en place et validé un plan de convergence sous-régional pour une meilleure gestion et conservation des forêts d'Afrique Centrale. [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]
L'objectif général du RAPAC est d'assurer de manière concertée, par l'échange d'expérience la protection et la gestion de la biodiversité dans chacune des aires protégées du réseau. Le RAPAC s'appuie sur les structures et compétences nationales et sous-régionales (aussi des ONG et du secteur privé). ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site; rédaction ilissAfrica]