Hits 1-7 of 7 (0,17 Seconds)
The EITI sets a global standard for companies to publish what they pay and for governments to disclose what they receive. EITI supports improved governance in resource-rich countries through the verification and full publication of company payments and government revenues from oil, gas and mining.
The EITI is a coalition of governments, companies, civil society groups, investors and international organizations. ... [according to site editor's information]
The EITI sets a global standard for companies to publish what they pay and for governments to disclose what they receive. The Government website informs on the state of EITI in Madagascar. [editors ilissAfrica]
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) encourages government, extractive companies, International agencies and NGO's to work together to develop a framework to promote transparency of payments in the extractive industries. GEITI is the Ghana subset of the global initiative aimed at following due process and achieving transparency in payments by Extractive Industry companies to governments and government linked entities. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Publish What You Pay campaign aims to help citizens of resource-rich developing countries hold their governments accountable for the management of revenues from the oil, gas and mining industries. Natural resource revenues are an important source of income for governments of over 50 developing countries. The Publish What You Pay coalition of over 300 NGOs worldwide calls for the mandatory disclosure of the payments made by oil, gas and mining companies to all governments for the extraction of natural resources. The coalition also calls on resource-rich developing country governments to publish full details on revenues. ... [according to site editor's information]
The mandate of the MEMD is to "establish, promote the development, strategically manage and safeguard the rational and sustainable exploitation and utilization of energy and mineral resources for social and economic development".
A number of reports and policy documents is downloadable. [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
NEITI is the Nigerian subset of a global initiative aimed at following due process and achieving transparency in payments by Extractive Industry (EI) companies to governments and government-linked entities. It is mandated by law to promote transparency and accountability in the management of Nigeria’s oil, gas and mining revenues.
Reports and other key documents are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The RMRDC is an agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria vested with the mandate to promote the development and utilization of Nigeria’s industrial raw materials. Its primary mandates are
* To draw up policy guidelines and action programmes on raw materials acquisition, exploitation and development;
* To review from time to time, raw materials resources availability and utilization, with a view to advising the Federal Government on the strategic implication of depletion, conservation or stock-piling of such resources;
* To advise on adaptation of machinery and process for raw materials utilization;
* To provide special research grants for specific objectives and device awards or systems for industries that achieve breakthrough or make innovations and inventions; and
* To encourage the publicity of research findings and other information relevant to local sourcing of raw materials. ... [according to site editor's information]