La mission de OASH consiste à contribuer à l’amélioration des conditions de vie des familles démunies tout en assurant l’intégration des jeunes déscolarisés dans la société en vue de participer au développement durable du pays. Les objectifs sont entre autres :
* Assurer la santé de la population à moindre coût.* Accroître le taux de scolarisation en générale et celui des jeunes filles en particulier.
* Former les jeunes déscolarisés à l’auto emploi.
* Amener les jeunes à mieux gérer leur cadre de vie. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site; rédaction ilissAfrica]
Botswana Family Welfare Association (BOFWA) is voluntary Family Planning Association Affiliated to the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). BOFWA promotes service delivery, organisation and management and advocacy for the provision of sexual and reproductive health to enhance better family life for youth, men, women and families. ... [according to site editor's information]
Yam Pukri is an association that specializes in teaching, advising and disseminating information on the application of new technologies. Yam Pukri has the following objectives:
* to stimulate the appreciation of, and skill development in, computer processing and new information technologies among young Africans
* to make new communication technologies available to underprivileged youth by setting up community access points and preparing them for the job market
* to support local associations and NGOs while they conceptualize and actualize NTIC for development
* to carry out information technology training sessions in rural and urban areas across Burkina Faso ... [according to site editor's information]
The Gambia National Youth Council was established by an act of the Parliament/National Assembly in 2000. The Council coordinates, monitors and implements National Youth Programmes and advices Government on all youth matters. Some related documents are downloadable. [according to site editor's information]
WAYN is a regional youth empowerment organization established by four young people from West Africa in March 2001. Its mission is to serve as a primary catalyst for enhancing youth participation in issues relating to governance, human rights and peace building in the region. [according to site editor's information]
SIDAREC is a youth development organization operating in the urban slums, Kenya. The mission of this NGO is to build the capacity of disadvantaged communities through provision of quality social services in areas of community Media & ICT, Reproductive Health and other social economic initiatives. SIDAREC has a network of local NGOs, government departments and international partners. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The African Youth Development Foundation (AFRYDEF) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental development organization established in Nigeria in 1999 to mobilize resources and to promote and support sustainable youth empowerment and rural development initiatives in Africa .AFRYDEF has a collaborative approach, engaging all levels of society, including the vulnerable groups (youths, women and children) and decision makers. Specific programmes and activities:
Improved Community Health Care Services (ICHCS)
* Care for the Poor and Underprivileged Persons (CPUP)
* Education for Life-long Empowerment (ELE)
* Mobilizing Communities for HIV/AIDS Prevention (MCHP)
* Sustainable Development for Poverty Reduction (SDPR)
* Preventive Peace building and Conflict Resolution (PPCR)
[according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica...
AHI is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation dedicated to improving the health of Nigerian adolescents. AHI works with youths, community leaders, policy makers, parents, state and federal government officials to design and implement innovative and participatory projects in education, healthcare and youth development, providing models that have been adopted and expanded by government and other civil society organisations. AHI’s work is supported with funds from grants and contract awards from international organisations. ... [according to site editor's information]