The Great Lakes Project (GLP) is a collaborative conflict transformation effort by the African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes (ACCORD), Nairobi Peace Initiative – Africa (NPI-A) and the Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflicts (GPPAC). The project aims to enhance the regional peacebuilding capacities, channels and infrastructures through which underlying causes of instability and conflict in the Great Lakes Region of Africa can be addressed. To achieve this, the GLP works with intergovernmental, state and civil actors in the Great Lakes Region of Africa, particularly in Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Uganda. ... [according to site editor's information]
Le réseau est constitué de 10 Plates-formes Nationales d’ONG (Bénin, Burkina Faso, Cap-vert, Gambie, Guinée, Mali, Niger, Sénégal, Tchad et Togo) regroupant au total plus de 800 ONG locales, nationales et internationales. Le REPAOC vise tout particulièrement à :
- assurer une plus grande représentation des ONG d’Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre dans les enceintes régionales et internationales, gouvernementales et non gouvernementales
- porter des positions auprès des institutions nationales, régionales et internationales en menant des campagnes d’opinion communes ;
- renforcer la structuration des plates-formes nationales d’ONG en vue d’assurer de meilleurs services aux membres, une plus grande concertation avec les pouvoirs publics nationaux et garantir l’indépendance de ses membres ;
- faciliter la prise de parole des sociétés civiles africaines auprès des médias internationaux. ... [selon les informations fournies de l'éditeur du site]
The objective of the All-Africa Students Union is inter alia
* to promote unity among students organisations in and of Africa, based on common objectives.
* to struggle for equal access to education, for University autonomy and respect for academic freedoms, and for a true reform and democratisation of education.
* to foster the development of students by promoting inter-Africa institutional and cultural exchange programme and extra-curricular activities such as sports and student tourism. ... [according to site editor's information]
The mission of the Mano River Women's Peace Network is to advocate for and promote at all decision-making levels the involvement of women and youth in the prevention, management and resolution of conflict in the Mano River sub-region, throughout Africa and the world, to serve as a catalyst through which sustainable peace, human security and justice can be attained by ensuring gender responsive policies and building women's/girls' capacity for socio-economic, political empowerment and human development for all. ... [according to site editor's information]
FARM-Africa is a registered charity with a small office in the UK, a regional office in Nairobi and a country office in Addis Ababa. Its mandate is to help poor farmers and herders in Africa grow more food, keep their livestock healthy, make a basic living and manage their natural resources in a sustainable way. ... [according to site editor's information]
Africa Action nennt sich selbst die älteste Organisation in den USA, die zu afrikarelevanten politischen Themen arbeitet (seit 1953). Ihr Ziel ist es, über die Afrikapolitik der USA aufzuklären und gegen sie Protestaktionen zu veranstalten, wo es für nötig gehalten wird. Auf der Seite finden sich viele Informationen zur Afrikapolitik der USA, zu aktuellen Kriesenherden in Afrika und Aktionen von Africa Action. ... [Redaktion ilissAfrica]
AGRISSON is a nonprofit society that strives to promote the application of agricultural scientific principles within Namibia by means of active interaction of people and/or institutions affiliated with the agricultural sector. Its main activity is a biannual congress, to which top national and international speakers of various universities and institutions are invited. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
AHA is a pan-African NGO providing humanitarian assistance to alleviate human suffering. The work spans from protecting internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Darfur, to repatriating refugees in the Democratic Republic of Congo, to raising awareness of HIV/AIDS in Ethiopia. [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
Africare is a private US organization assissting Africa in partnership with African communities. Africare's programs address needs in three principal areas:
* Health and HIV/AIDS
* Food security and agriculture
* Water resource development
Africare supports also programs in Emergency response, Environmental management, Literacy and vocational training, Microenterprise development, Civil-society development and governance and women’s empowerment .
It works in some 25 sub-Saharan countries. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The objective of the Centre is to promote South-South civil society cooperation on trade and development and create long-term capacity of civil society representatives to address the issues of equity and accountability. The Centre has been entrusted with the responsibility to consolidate and expand activities of the organisation on south-south civil society co-operation in the areas of trade, economics and environment. ... [according to site editor's information]