The IEA is a civic forum that seeks to promote pluralism of ideas through open, active and informed debate on public policy issues. The IEA is independent of political parties, pressure groups, lobbies and any other partisan interests. Its mission is to facilitate the review of policy and public affairs by Kenyans in order to inform decision making processes. ... [according to site editor's information]
EISA is non-profit organisation, established 1996 and based in Johannesburg, that strives for credible elections, participatory democracy, human rights culture, and the strengthening of governance institutions. Having field offices in Kinshasa (DR Congo), Antananarivo (Madagascar), Abidjan (Cote d'Ivoire), N'djamema (Chad), Khartoum (Sudan), Bujumbura (Burundi), Nairobi (Kenya) and Maputo (Mozambique) its regional focus is no more on Southern Africa alone. EISA works in a number of programme areas, including
* Democracy, conflict management and electoral education
* Elections and political processes
* Balloting and electoral services
* Governance (political partes, APRM, institutions of governance and local governance)
* Online Democracy Encyclopedia
* Research and information (including a specialised library and in house publications).
EISA's work is supported by local, regional and international funding organisations.
A number of reports is downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]