Madagascar National Parks ist eine staatlich anerkannte private Organisation, die das Netzwerk der madegassischen Nationalparks organisiert. Zu ihren Aufgaben gehört Umwelterziehung, Förderung des Ökotourismus und die wissenschaftliche Beschäftigung mit der Flora und Fauna sowie die gerechte Teilung der mithilfe der geschützten Gebiete erzielten Gewinne mit der lokalen Bevölkerung. ... [Redaktion ilissAfrica]
Wetlands International is a global organisation that works to sustain and restore wetlands and their resources for people and biodiversity. As part of global organisation Wetlands International, WIA has three offices: Dakar (Senegal), Mopti-Sévaré (Mali), and Bissau (Guinea Bissau). The website of the Africa office is managed by the staff in Dakar, Senegal. ... [according to site editor's information]
Biowatch South Africa strives to prevent biological diversity from being privatised for corporate gain. It aspires to an environment where people control their food supply systems, where the benefits from commercial use of biological resources are fairly shared and where ordinary citizens are encouraged to help make policy choices about new technologies, such as genetic modification. ... [according to site editor's information]
MERC is a grassroots network of Maasai organizations advocating for the protection of traditional land rights of the Maasai people, and for conservation, management, and sustainable use of the great ecosystems of East Africa. Members are
- Aramat Association, Tanzania
- Arusha Women's Group, Tanzania
- Community Based Integrated Rural Development Services, Kenya
- Enkong'u Narok Cultural Center, Kenya
- Ilkisongo Maasai Cultural Organization, Tanzania
- Kajiado Integral Rural Assoc. for Development, Kenya
- Korongoro Integrated Peoples Oriented to Conservation, Tanzania
- Maasai Cultural, Wildlife and Ethical Tourism Society, Kenya and Tanzania
- Maasai Mara Women's Group, Kenya
- Organization for Survival of Laikipia Maasai Group Initiatives, Kenya
- Olchorro-Oirowua Wildlife Conservation Association, Kenya
- Pastoralist Indigenous NGO, Tanzania ... [according to site editor's information]
The OFAC, an initiative of multiple members of the Congo Basin Forests Partnership (CBFP), aims to pool the knowledge and available data necessary to monitor the ecological, environmental, and social aspects of Central Africa's forests.
The establishment of OFAC corresponds to one of the axes in COMIFAC's ‘Plan de Convergence'. It will provide COMIFAC and other CBFP members a powerful steering and data sharing tool to promote better governance and the sustainable management of forest ecosystems. ... [according to site editor's information]
The BCTF is a collaborative effort of individuals and organizations concerned with the conservation of wildlife populations threatened by the unsustainable hunting and sale of bushmeat in Africa and around the globe. This effort has been established to facilitate communications and cooperation regarding information and activities of member organizations and individuals.
The commercial bushmeat trade is considered by the BCTF to be an immediate threat to local and regional extinction of numerous species, including those that are officially listed as endangered or threatened with extinction, and to the health and well-being of African and global communities and the ecosystems upon which they depend. This bushmeat commerce is recognized as an economically and ecologically unsustainable practice. ... [according to site editor's information]
Island Conservation Society is a conservation NGO based in Seychelles. It has a special focus on:
* The coralline outer islands of Seychelles where it acts as conservation advisors and manager for Islands Development Company. It runs programmes in collaboration with private tourism operators having an interest in ecotourism.
* Aride Island Nature Reserve: It leases and manages Aride, the largest nature reserve in the granitic islands of Seychelles. Aride is the most northerly and most isolated of the granitic islands with more seabirds of more species than the other 40 granitic islands of Seychelles combined. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The Wildlife and Environmental Society of Malawi is dedicated to conservation of natures resources, including land, forestry, animals, bird-life, flora and fauna, rivers and lakes. We create and assist with educational projects, especially with the young in order to bring about a greater and deeper understanding of the importance of the environment in which we live. ... [according to site editor's information]