Treffer 1-5 von 5 (0,01 Sekunden)
APFO was established in 1994 as an organization with an overall objective of research and advocacy on peace and security issues in the Horn of Africa. It was contracted by IGAD Secretariat in 2003 to act as a National Research Institute in support of the implementation of IGAD Conflict Early Warning and Early Response Mechanism in the IGAD region. APFO's areas of interest are:
* Political reforms
* Impact of constitutional reforms
* Small arms and human security
* Community and women participation in peace process
* Formulating and building structures for managing conflict
* Conflict analysis and peace building
Projects are implemented through a range of collaborative activities with various partner organizations and groups. ... [according to site editor's information]
Following UN Security Council Resolutions that considered the conflicts in the region to be a threat to international peace and security the ICGLR was established in 2000. The ICGLR's objective is to bring all the countries of the region together, to agree on a strategy thats brings peace and prosperity to the Great Lakes region. The work concentrates on
- Peace and Security
- Democracy and Good Governance
- Economic Development and Regional Integration
- Humanitarian, Social and Environmental Issues.
The ICGLR comprises eleven core countries (Angola, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia, co-opted countries (Botswana, Egypt, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia and Zimbabwe) and the "Group of Friends" (mainly Western countries). ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
SAIIA has a long and proud record as South Africa’s premier research institute on international issues. It is an independent, non-government think-tank whose purpose is to encourage wider and more informed awareness of the importance of international affairs. It is both a centre for research excellence and a home for stimulating public debate.
The Institute’s activities include:
- making input into policy development locally and internationally;
- undertaking research on current issues of importance to Africa generally and South Africa specifically with a focus on governance and accountability; trade, investment (i.e. economic diplomacy) and development ; South African foreign policy; existing and emerging powers and their role in Africa; and lastly, global challenges such as climate change and energy security;
- developing linkages and joint programmes with international organisations and agencies throughout the world;
- maintaining a resource centre and reference library (that is a United Nations depository as well as a World Bank Development Information Centre) for students and scholars of international relations;
- organising conferences, seminars and speakers’ meetings on a wide range of topics addressed by prominent South Africans and distinguished international guests; and
- encouraging an interest in international relations among the youth through its leadership programme for postgraduate interns and its various outreach programmes for university students and high school learners. ... [according to site editor's information]
Fatal Transactions is a campaign that focuses on the consequences of natural resource exploitation (oil, diamonds, coltan, gold, etc.) in (post) conflict situations (as in Angola, the DRC, and Sierra Leone). Fatal Transactions campaigns to make sure the way of extraction of these resources is fair and that the local population benefits from its wealth as well.
Fatal Transactions is a network of different European and African NGO's and research institutes. The collaboration amongst European and African organisations allows the individual members to be more effective by using the support, knowledge, infrastructure and information of other members for their activities.
The project is funded by the European Union. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
CECORE is an initiative of Ugandan people working to seek alternative and creative means of preventing, managing and resolving conflicts. It is a non-profit NGO and has programmes in Uganda, the Great Lakes Region and Greater Horn of Africa. [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]