Treffer 1-5 von 5 (0,01 Sekunden)
The mission of OSAA is to:
* enhance international support for Africa's development and security through its advocacy and analytical work,
* assist the Secretary General in improving coherence and coordination of the UN system support to Africa, and
* facilitate inter-governmental deliberations on Africa at the global level, in particular relating to the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD).
The Office takes the lead in the preparation of Africa-related reports and inputs on NEPAD. ... [according to site editor's information]
The IGAD mission is to assist and complement the efforts of the Member States to achieve, through increased cooperation:
* Food Security and environmental protection
* Promotion and maintenance of peace and security and humanitarian affairs, and,
* Economic cooperation and integration.
IGAD is to be the premier regional organization for achieving peace, prosperity and regional integration in the IGAD region. ... [according to site editor's information]
Large parts of West Africa have experienced instability and conflict for several years. In response to an ECOWAS leaders call for a sub-regional approach to peace and security the UN Security Council has established UNOWA - the first UN regional peace-building office. Its mandate ist to harmonize UN activities and to promote the integration of a sub-regional approach to peace and security. ... [editors ilissAfrica]
The KAIPTC aims to be a Regional Centre of Excellence where education, training and research concerning peace operations are to be delivered to the highest academic and professional standards. Participants embrace the full spectrum of military, security sector, diplomatic and non-governmental agencies likely to be involved in peace operations. KAIPTC offers Ghanaian, regional and international participants the opportunity to examine specific peace operations issues at the operational level and to update and share their knowledge of the latest practices through conferences, discussions, lectures and computer assisted training exercises. ... [according to site editor's information; Redaktion ilissAfrica]
Das BINUB soll der burundischen Regierung helfen, die Folgen des Bürgerkrieges zu überwinden. Die Mission schließt sich an die ONUB (Opération des Nations Unies au Burundi) an. Wichtigste Aufgaben des BINUB sind Reformen in Politik und Verwaltung, um mehr Transparenz und Rechenschaftspflicht der öffentlichen Institutionen herzustellen; die Pressefreiheit soll gefördert und Entwicklungsarbeit im Bereich der Medien geleistet werden. ... [Redaktion ilissAfrica]