ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a regional organisation charged with the task of promoting trade, development and integration within the COMESA region through trade of insurance and reinsurance business. [according to site editor's information]
The EAC is the regional intergovernmental organization of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania. It aims at widening and deepening co-operation among the Partner States in, among others, political, economic and social fields for their mutual benefit. To this extent the EAC countries established a Customs Union in 2005 and are working towards the establishment of a Common Market by 2010, subsequently a Monetary Union by 2012 and ultimately a Political Federation of the East African States. ... [according to site editor's information]
The reason for the establishment of the Committee of Central Bank Governors was the need for a specialised body in SADC to promote and achieve closer co-operation among central banks within the Community. The activities of the Committee are mainly focused on assisting central bank Governors and officials in gaining a better knowledge and insight into each other's economies and monetary policies.
Some documents and statistics are downloadable. ... [according to site editor's information]
AARDO is an autonomous inter-governmental organisation comprising thirty members from Africa and Asia. Its objectives are inter alia
- to explore collectively opportunities for coordination of efforts to promote welfare of the rural masses,
- to help the member countries in obtaining financial and technical assistance for rural development programmes,
- to assist in the development of organisation of farmers,
- to organise international and regional meetings,
- to initiate studies on subjects of common interest.
Regional offices are in Seoul (South Korea), Amman (Jordan), Cairo (Egypt), Lusaka (Zambia) and Accra (Ghana).
Some publications are accessible online. ... [according to site editor's information and Redaktion ilissAfrica]
ECOWAS is a regional group of fifteen countries, founded in 1975. Its mission is to promote economic integration in "all fields of economic activity, particularly industry, transport, telecommunications, energy, agriculture, natural resources, commerce, monetary and financial questions, social and cultural matters." ... [according to site editor's information]
Les membres de la CEEAC sont Angola, Burundi, Cameroun, Centrafrique, Gabon, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Guinée Equatoriale, São Tomé et Principe et Tchad. La Communauté a pour missions entre autres:
* la promotion et le renforcement d'une coopération harmonieuse et un développement économique et sociale équilibré ;
* l'élimination, entre les Etats membres, des droits de douanes et toutes autres taxes ;
* l'abolition, entre les Etats membres, des restrictions quantitatives et autres entraves au commerce ;
* l'établissement et le maintien d'un tarif douanier extérieur commun ;
* l'établissement d'une politique commerciale commune à l'égard des Etats tiers ;
* la suppression progressive entre les Etats membres des obstacles à la libre circulation des personnes, des biens et des services, des capitaux, et au droit d'établissement ;
* l'harmonisation des politiques nationales. ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site; Redaktion ilissAfrica]
The West African Monetary Agency (WAMA) is an autonomous specialized agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). WAMA was empowered to ensure the monitoring, coordination and implementation of the ECOWAS monetary cooperation programme, encourage and promote the application of market determined exchange rates for intra-regional trade, initiate policies and programmes on monetary and economic integration and ensure the establishment of a single monetary zone in West Africa. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Regional Tourism Organization of Southern Africa (RETOSA) is a concept that brings together the 14 fascinating countries of the Southern part of Africa – Angola, Botswana, DR Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe - to offer the opportunity to discover the natural wonders and splendours of the region.
RETOSA is a Southern African Development Community (SADC) body. It is managed by a Board drawn from National Tourism Authorities/Boards and National Tourism private sector umbrella bodies. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
The mission of the Ministry is to promote Tanzanias effective participation in the East African Community. The Ministry facilitates and plays the coordinating role in the country in respect of overseeing and implementation of the EAC Treaty and its Protocol. In addition it co-ordinates and facilitates the participation of Tanzania in the ermerging market and investment opportunities emanating from the East African Community so that Nationals can enhance their competitiveness in the regional business integration. ... [according to site editor's information]
The objective of the Centre is to promote South-South civil society cooperation on trade and development and create long-term capacity of civil society representatives to address the issues of equity and accountability. The Centre has been entrusted with the responsibility to consolidate and expand activities of the organisation on south-south civil society co-operation in the areas of trade, economics and environment. ... [according to site editor's information]