WARDC is a non profit civil rights organization established in the year 2000 to promote respect for human rights, gender equality, equity, rule of law, accountability and social justice in Nigeria.
WARDC has developed over the years, working to reassert pro-people budget and women emancipation at all levels of the society, protecting rights and promoting equity in gender relations through advocacy, reporting, impact litigation, research and documentation.WARDC mission is to:
·Advance education, research, self development and positive change in the society.
·Promote gender equity as a principle of human rights and a developmental goal.
·Advocate gender re - balancing in resource distribution, legal rights and political participation.
·Promote gender justice and the achievement of equality in policies, laws and social relations.
·Contribute positively to the achievement of good governance, transparency, accountability and people friendly legal system in Nigeria....
ABANTU is an African and gender-oriented NGO which supports and build the capacity of local women focused organizations and NGOs to engage actively and influence policy-making processes from a gender perspective. Under its gender and poverty programme, ABANTU identifies that the root cause of women's poverty is patriarchy, to address this ABANTU works with communities to challenge patriarchy and empower women to participate in decision making at home and community level. Currently ABANTU is working with ActionAid Nigeria in four communities in Kaduna State to challenge patriarchy and alleviate women's poverty through providing joint community project for the women's groups and increasing their participation in decision- making and policy influencing. ... [according to site editor's information]
Gender and Development Action (GADA) is a non-profit NGO committed to gender equality and pursuit of sustainable development and social justice in Nigeria. Its work promotes greater understanding and proactive responses to gender and development issues through research, information documentation and dissemination, training, consultation, dialogue, advocacy and mobilization. ... [according to site editor's information]
The IHRHL is a NGO in the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria. Its primary objective is to effectively create a culture of rights and responsibilities through its bottom-up programs in Nigeria. It is dedicated to bringing law in its social, economic and cultural form, within the reach of rural communities in the Niger Delta region specifically and Nigeria in general. In doing so, it carries out series of programmes and activities in partnership with the communities that it serves. ... [according to site editor's information]
CRE-CO is a network of like-minded Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in the Democracy, Governance and Human Rights sector. It is committed to a coordinated facilitation of communities to effectively and meaningfully participate in processes that safeguard constitutionalism and the rule of law. [according to site editor's information]
CGG exists to increase citizen participation in governance through advocacy, capacity building and civic education in order to build a more informed civil populace and a democratic State. CGG is a registered NGO in Sierra Leone and belongs to several associations and research communities. [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]...
AWCFS is a Nairobi-based media organisation with an African regional outlook. AWCFS has been active in training journalists and other media practitioners as well as NGOs in the region in the area of gender, media and development. It promotes equal gender development through media and research. [according to site editor's information]
REFDAF is a network for development in Africa with an effective and consciencious implication in the women’s issues. REFDAF acts as a network regrouping hundreds of grassroots associations in the south-region of West Africa. Goals:
- the full and complete autonomy of women
- the improvement of women’s competence and skills
- the promotion of women’s leadership in community management
- the sustainable management of productive activities
- the effective participation of women in decision-making spheres. ... [according to site editor's information]
Gender Links is a NGO working across 13 countries. It is committed to a Southern Africa in which women and men are able to participate equally in all aspects of public and private life. GL aims to:
* Promote gender equality in and through the media and in all areas of governance.
* Conduct effective campaigns for ending gender violence, HIV and AIDS.
* Build the capacity of women and men to engage critically in democratic processes that advance equality and justice. ... [according to site editor's information; editors ilissAfrica]
La FOCARFE est une ONG d'environnement et de développement durable. Son action peut se résumer en une éducation politique visant à une participation citoyenne à la recherche de solutions aux problèmes environnementaux locaux, régionaux et mondiaux, l'environnement recouvrant pour elle l'ensemble des relations sociales, économiques, naturelles et culturelles d'un espace – temps dynamique. Les domaines d'intervention sont
1. Environnement et forêts (promotion des droits des communautés et préservation du milieu dans les secteurs d'activités extractives) ;
2. Economie politique (assistance au secteur informel, renforcement de la société civile en termes de participation, promotion commerce équitable, etc.) ;
3. Genre et promotion féminine (optimisation de la participation des femmes) ;
4. Agriculture durable et appui à la commercialisation (gestion de la qualité, réalisation des infrastructures de conditionnement et de stockage, partenariat avec institution de financement, élaboration de stratégies de mise en marché etc.). ... [selon les informations de l'éditeur du site]