The Office of Ombudsman is assigned with the following attributions in order to reinforce good governance in both Public and Private institutions:
1. Acting as a link between the citizen, public and private institutions;2. Preventing and fighting injustice, corruption and related offences in public and private institutions;
3. Receiving and examining complaints from individuals and independent associations relating to acts of civil servants, state organs and private institutions;
4. Receiving and examining the declared assets of high ranking government officials, senior civil servants and employees involved in public property and finance;
5. Monitoring the leadership code of conduct;
6. Coordinating national consultative council in charge of fighting corruption and related offences. ... [according to site editor's information]
The Auditor General mandate is summarized in the answers to the following 4 questions:
- Does the Government correctly keep accounts and registers, and is the information presented in its financial statements accurate?
- Does the Government collect or spend the authorized amounts, and for purposes envisaged by the Parliament?
- Was an internal control system set up to safeguard the reception, the custody and the adequate use of public goods?
[according to site editor's information]- Were the programs implemented with economy and efficiency ? Does the Government have means to measure their effectiveness...
Founded by the Green Helmets of Germany the activities of the WDA concentrate on
* skill development throught vocational training
* business incubation (entrepreneurship development)
* a labour market information system and
* setting industry standards. [editors ilissAfrica]